Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,298 Members 39,652 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flipfonts?

Tip us?
 
MeX_DK
Old
#1  
MeX_DK's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 827
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredericia

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Flipfonts?

I had a lot of flipfonts that worked on my old SGS 3 LTE. But now that I have upgraded to the S5 most if not all of them has stopped working. Has others experienced this and possibly have a workaround or fix?
Samsung Galaxy S5
Rooted
 
larsism
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeX_DK View Post
I had a lot of flipfonts that worked on my old SGS 3 LTE. But now that I have upgraded to the S5 most if not all of them has stopped working. Has others experienced this and possibly have a workaround or fix?
Download iFont from Google Play. Let's you use almost any fonts (like from Google, not just flipfonts).
The Following User Says Thank You to larsism For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MeX_DK
Old
(Last edited by MeX_DK; 19th April 2014 at 02:52 PM.)
#3  
MeX_DK's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 827
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredericia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsism View Post
Download iFont from Google Play. Let's you use almost any fonts (like from Google, not just flipfonts).
Already tried that, and it didn't work. It still only replaced the font I was already using and didn't install it like an actual font I can chose from, which is what I want.
Samsung Galaxy S5
Rooted
 
larsism
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeX_DK View Post
Already tried that, and it didn't work. It still only replaced the font I was already using and didn't install it like an actual font I can chose from, which is what I want.
It does for me...? It installs fonts to my list of fonts in settings.
 
MeX_DK
Old
#5  
MeX_DK's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 827
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredericia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsism View Post
It does for me...? It installs fonts to my list of fonts in settings.
It doesn't for me. When I download a font I merely have the option to set it, which means it replaces the present font I have selected under font style. The second I change away from that, and back to it, the font I have set is lost and the "original" font is back. I can't install them since I don't seem to be able to determine where the files are saved so that I can move them to custom and try to install them that way around.

But do you know that by chance?
Samsung Galaxy S5
Rooted
 
hemander
Old
#6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 166
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsism View Post
It does for me...? It installs fonts to my list of fonts in settings.
It works on mine too.
 
MeX_DK
Old
#7  
MeX_DK's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 827
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredericia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemander View Post
It works on mine too.
And you both have S5's?. My only option is to set it, which replaces the font I am already using. I cant install it and thus make it appear in the "font" app on the phone . And not even if I try to add the files via custom.

Are you using the free app or paid one?
Samsung Galaxy S5
Rooted
 
jdock
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 145
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeX_DK View Post
And you both have S5's?. My only option is to set it, which replaces the font I am already using. I cant install it and thus make it appear in the "font" app on the phone . And not even if I try to add the files via custom.

Are you using the free app or paid one?
I just tied iFont for the first time today with my S5.

In the free version, you can't create apks for custom fonts (which is the method that puts them in the font menu). I think I tried hitting 'set' on the custom menu and it gave me the donate nag screen as well.

It seems that the default method if you're rooted is to replace the system font. What I did though is deny root access using supersu, and then installing a font downloaded through the app used the apk/font menu method - that worked fine.

But, I ultimately wanted to install my own truetype fonts. Prior to iFont, I had tried a couple methods for packaging them into apks. I could install the apks, and see the fonts in the menu with previews, but if I selected them, they said they were unsupported. Used iFont (donate version) to make the apks from the same font files, and they worked!
 
Brava27
Old
#9  
Brava27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 672
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Pay for ifont. It will create executable apk to install any font you desire.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Telus Galaxy S5
HTC M8, LG G2, Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Blackberry Torch 9810, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Tour 9630, iDEN Motorola i800, i790, etc, Motorola Pebble, Nokia 6000, Motorola StarTak
Telus
Toronto, Canada


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Glass XE20.1 Update Brings Improved Contacts, Head Nudge, New Cards and Commands

Ever since Google unveiled Android Wear earlier this … more

Remote Control Your Android Device with Monitordroid

The Android OS showsgreat potential in many areas. One of most interesting things that … more

Intel Partners with Unity to Support Android on Intel-Based Devices

Intel, largely known for their long-standing reputation as the king of … more

Device Review: Samsung Gear Live

Recently, Google announced Android Wear to the world. Android Wear is the Android-based initiative from … more