Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot Decrypt Note 3

Tip us?

marloweloy
Old
(Last edited by marloweloy; 18th June 2014 at 11:57 PM.) Reason: wrong spelling
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy Cannot Decrypt Note 3

I have installed our company email powered by google on my Note 3. Automatically it will ask to download a google device policy, and will ask you to encrypt your phone. It will also ask you to change the screen lock into a password and will disable all the other options such us pattern and etc. Now I want to install a custom ROM and wipe everything. I have tried wiping it in different ways including TWRP. I have tried deleting the company email, uninstalled the google device policy but still the same thing. I went through settings and tried to decrypt it, and it will boot but still not decrypted. I have tried installing custom ROMs thinking that it might resolve but after the installation it will still ask for the password and when it boots, it gets stuck. I need your expertise please. I've read from different blogs and unfortunately they are having the same issue. What will I do? The last thing that i'm doing right now is reflashing it with it's original software throug ODIN. I'm still downloading it but I have read it somewhere that he also tried it and it didn't work. Please please developers help me on this.

Thanks,
Marlowe D.

marloweloy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Resolved

With desperation, I was able to resolved it on my own. I just tried to do wrong passwords for 10 times and it will erase everything on your device which is good as new.