Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(C6506) 4.4.2 - 10.5.A.0.230 - Generic US - Flashable ZIP and Stripped FTF (root)

Tip us?

Aoi v1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I flashed 4.2.2 (10.3.A.0.423), rooted and installed CWM. I then followed this tutorial (flashing the file, powering off and flashing the ftf file through flashtool... I got stuck in a bootloop 2 times My BL is locked, I used to run MIUI greatslon mod 4.2.2

Crash338
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi v1 View Post
I flashed 4.2.2 (10.3.A.0.423), rooted and installed CWM. I then followed this tutorial (flashing the file, powering off and flashing the ftf file through flashtool... I got stuck in a bootloop 2 times My BL is locked, I used to run MIUI greatslon mod 4.2.2
Did you flash back to 423 completely including Kernel? If your MIUI greatslon mod 4.2.2 (not familiar with) was using another older Kernel from Sony it might generate your bootloop although flashing the stripped FTF should give you the latest Kernel.

Not sure why you are getting bootloops...files have been used by plenty of people without issues. There is a new one click root method apparently here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2768000

Just flash the original FTF build 230 and give a One Click Root a go. Way easier than all this flashing
Nokia N95 - Retired
Xperia X10 - Sold
HTC EVO 3D - Bricked
Xperia T - Sold
Xperia ZL - Current - Stock Sony ROM running Rooted 4.4.2
Tablet Xperia Z - Current - Stock Sony ROM running Rooted 4.4.2

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crash338 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]