Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can anyone confirm if the new update blocks any S-Off or TempRoot hacks?

OP Cyber Akuma

19th June 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

205 posts
Wait, I admit I haven't kept up much on S-Off news, so you mean it's random if your M8 will be able to S-Off or not?
19th June 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
im also failed when want to s-off
how i want to unlock gsm my sprint harman kardon edition if cannot s-off ?
is there any method to unlock gsm without s-off ?
20th June 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #13  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 43

171 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by comstar

Has the new radio helped your reception?

I can't s-off either. Big pain to go stock to get OTA's.

Well I noticed that in certain areas I actuallly start picking up the Spark network where I never exceeded 3G speeds in the past so that is somewhat exciting. Didn't really have any reception issues persay previously but I would say it has been slightly improved overall.....or at least it seems that way to me. Could just be towers too I suppose but meh =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Akuma

Wait, I admit I haven't kept up much on S-Off news, so you mean it's random if your M8 will be able to S-Off or not?

Pretty much....We've discounted "batches" being the case by virtue of serial number comparisons and, as far as I am aware, no one has been able to identify any kind of pattern to it.

You would think that the newer the phone the less likely you could s-off with it...and perhaps that is the case....but we've seen people as recent as this week go in and get one, take it home and firewater s-off with it while I've had mine for much longer and can't...maybe the ones people are getting were sitting around for a long time I guess...All pretty much educated (or not educated) guessing at this point.
Last edited by slimbrady; 20th June 2014 at 02:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slimbrady For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread