Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,460 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can anyone confirm if the new update blocks any S-Off or TempRoot hacks?

Tip us?

Cyber Akuma
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Wait, I admit I haven't kept up much on S-Off news, so you mean it's random if your M8 will be able to S-Off or not?

Lexus1616
Old
Thanks Meter 0
im also failed when want to s-off
how i want to unlock gsm my sprint harman kardon edition if cannot s-off ?
is there any method to unlock gsm without s-off ?

slimbrady
Old
(Last edited by slimbrady; 20th June 2014 at 01:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by comstar View Post
Has the new radio helped your reception?

I can't s-off either. Big pain to go stock to get OTA's.
Well I noticed that in certain areas I actuallly start picking up the Spark network where I never exceeded 3G speeds in the past so that is somewhat exciting. Didn't really have any reception issues persay previously but I would say it has been slightly improved overall.....or at least it seems that way to me. Could just be towers too I suppose but meh =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Akuma View Post
Wait, I admit I haven't kept up much on S-Off news, so you mean it's random if your M8 will be able to S-Off or not?
Pretty much....We've discounted "batches" being the case by virtue of serial number comparisons and, as far as I am aware, no one has been able to identify any kind of pattern to it.

You would think that the newer the phone the less likely you could s-off with it...and perhaps that is the case....but we've seen people as recent as this week go in and get one, take it home and firewater s-off with it while I've had mine for much longer and can't...maybe the ones people are getting were sitting around for a long time I guess...All pretty much educated (or not educated) guessing at this point.
Current Device: Sprint HTC One M8 Harman Kardon edition(Black with Champagne) *S-OFF* (Victim of Sunshine)
Backups: Sprint HTC One M7(m7wls) *S - OFF*(Rumrunner), Sprint HTC EVO 4G - *S-OFF* (Facepalm)
Bricked Paperweights: Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE *RIP QWERTY KEYBOARD, I MISS YOU*
Prior Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4,Google Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to slimbrady For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]