Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

good java starting tutorial?

OP GugiUF

13th June 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello everyone.I'm a big fan of android in general and recently I've decide that I wanted to learn android programming in order to make games.However this turned out to be a bigger task than I expected.Not because I thought programming will be easy(I know it's not), but because I really can't find a good tutorial on programming.All tutorials I've found teach you like the HelloWorldApp where it says do this write this but I need the very basics like what do methods do, what does everything In ecplise mean.I have a lets say "limited" or basic knowledge of programming in C.
So if anyone could direct me to a link about the very basics, like syntax etc. I would be really grateful.
Thank you in advance
14th June 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Anyone?
14th June 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

23 posts
I learned android programming here http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHALE0WtcSB1E0dt7IaGqWA. Those are pretty good tutorials with good examples and there are lots of different tutorials (java, android, android engines, etc) on this channel.
14th June 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Thank you very much!
I'll be sure to check them out.
14th June 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 186

808 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GugiUF

Hello everyone.I'm a big fan of android in general and recently I've decide that I wanted to learn android programming in order to make games.However this turned out to be a bigger task than I expected.Not because I thought programming will be easy(I know it's not), but because I really can't find a good tutorial on programming.All tutorials I've found teach you like the HelloWorldApp where it says do this write this but I need the very basics like what do methods do, what does everything In ecplise mean.I have a lets say "limited" or basic knowledge of programming in C.
So if anyone could direct me to a link about the very basics, like syntax etc. I would be really grateful.
Thank you in advance

Go to YouTube and search for mybringback and look at their tutorials.

Sent from my YP-G1 using XDA Free mobile app
16th June 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuresword

Go to YouTube and search for mybringback and look at their tutorials.

Sent from my YP-G1 using XDA Free mobile app

I've been checking out this tutorials and they've helped me a lot about understanding how stuff works, but the problem is that they seem to be a bit outdated which is my main problem with all the tutorials I've encountered with on the net.Some new stuff is added some things are done different so I'm looking for a tutorial that is updated to this version I'm using, which would be the most recent one.
20th June 2014, 02:37 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 186

808 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GugiUF

I've been checking out this tutorials and they've helped me a lot about understanding how stuff works, but the problem is that they seem to be a bit outdated which is my main problem with all the tutorials I've encountered with on the net.Some new stuff is added some things are done different so I'm looking for a tutorial that is updated to this version I'm using, which would be the most recent one.

To be honest, some stuff you are just going to have to learn on your own. Most tutorials just teach the basic stuff you'll need so that you can build upon it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread