FORUMS

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

good java starting tutorial?

13th June 2014, 05:14 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello everyone.I'm a big fan of android in general and recently I've decide that I wanted to learn android programming in order to make games.However this turned out to be a bigger task than I expected.Not because I thought programming will be easy(I know it's not), but because I really can't find a good tutorial on programming.All tutorials I've found teach you like the HelloWorldApp where it says do this write this but I need the very basics like what do methods do, what does everything In ecplise mean.I have a lets say "limited" or basic knowledge of programming in C.
So if anyone could direct me to a link about the very basics, like syntax etc. I would be really grateful.
Thank you in advance
 
 
14th June 2014, 01:24 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Anyone?
14th June 2014, 01:33 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I learned android programming here http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHALE0WtcSB1E0dt7IaGqWA. Those are pretty good tutorials with good examples and there are lots of different tutorials (java, android, android engines, etc) on this channel.
14th June 2014, 01:40 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thank you very much!
I'll be sure to check them out.
14th June 2014, 02:23 PM |#5  
obscuresword's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 223
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GugiUF

Hello everyone.I'm a big fan of android in general and recently I've decide that I wanted to learn android programming in order to make games.However this turned out to be a bigger task than I expected.Not because I thought programming will be easy(I know it's not), but because I really can't find a good tutorial on programming.All tutorials I've found teach you like the HelloWorldApp where it says do this write this but I need the very basics like what do methods do, what does everything In ecplise mean.I have a lets say "limited" or basic knowledge of programming in C.
So if anyone could direct me to a link about the very basics, like syntax etc. I would be really grateful.
Thank you in advance

Go to YouTube and search for mybringback and look at their tutorials.

Sent from my YP-G1 using XDA Free mobile app
16th June 2014, 10:36 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuresword

Go to YouTube and search for mybringback and look at their tutorials.

Sent from my YP-G1 using XDA Free mobile app

I've been checking out this tutorials and they've helped me a lot about understanding how stuff works, but the problem is that they seem to be a bit outdated which is my main problem with all the tutorials I've encountered with on the net.Some new stuff is added some things are done different so I'm looking for a tutorial that is updated to this version I'm using, which would be the most recent one.
20th June 2014, 01:37 AM |#7  
obscuresword's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 223
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GugiUF

I've been checking out this tutorials and they've helped me a lot about understanding how stuff works, but the problem is that they seem to be a bit outdated which is my main problem with all the tutorials I've encountered with on the net.Some new stuff is added some things are done different so I'm looking for a tutorial that is updated to this version I'm using, which would be the most recent one.

To be honest, some stuff you are just going to have to learn on your own. Most tutorials just teach the basic stuff you'll need so that you can build upon it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes