Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 39,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does Deleting Bloatware/System Apps Free Up Memory?

Tip us?

peaster3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default [Q] Does Deleting Bloatware/System Apps Free Up Memory?

It makes sense that if you removed all of the removable bloat and/or system apps you would free up storage. However, I seem to remember from the S4 forums a few years ago that deleting the bloatware or unnecessary system apps would not recover the lost storage (i.e. get closer to 16gb).

Will deleting bloatware and/or system apps (only the "safe" ones, of course) recover lost storage space?
Phone: Galaxy S5
ROM: Dynamic Kat
Launcher: TW

Tablet - Nexus 7 (2013) -Installed In-Dash in my F-One-Fiddy
ROM - Stock (Rooted)

shortydoggg
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaster3 View Post
It makes sense that if you removed all of the removable bloat and/or system apps you would free up storage. However, I seem to remember from the S4 forums a few years ago that deleting the bloatware or unnecessary system apps would not recover the lost storage (i.e. get closer to 16gb).

Will deleting bloatware and/or system apps (only the "safe" ones, of course) recover lost storage space?
You kind of answered your own question. Free up userspace (8GB free to 9.5GB free for example), yes; Lost space from the system (10.5GB to 13.5GB for example), no.
The Following User Says Thank You to shortydoggg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]