[Q] Capacitive Buttons not lighting up?

OP delawaredrew

19th June 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Olympia, WA
Thanks Meter: 73

164 posts
More
Anyone having trouble with the cap buttons not lighting up? I just noticed today that they are never lit up, regardless of what I set them to do in the display settings. Even "Always On" does nothing. I know they work as they very briefly flash during reboot.

This isn't really a big issue for usage but it is weirdly annoying. I don't know that they ever worked really, just never paid attention.

Between this and the Camera taking forever to open I wonder if a return is going to be in my near future; I just hate that they'll probably give me a darn refurbished phone in exchange, although I paid for a new one. I've only had it for a few months

EDIT: Got it! Went through all the settings menus again and somehow power saving was turned on. I rarely use the Quick Toggles so I never noticed.
Last edited by delawaredrew; 19th June 2014 at 06:15 AM. Reason: solved it
19th June 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Honolulu, HI
Thanks Meter: 301

2,560 posts
More
I'd recommend a factory reset, this is a really odd issue. A factory reset helped my issues, but I ended up exchanging my phone for other issues. I got a brand new S5, but I had only owned mine for a few days at that point.
19th June 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Olympia, WA

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatin707

I'd recommend a factory reset, this is a really odd issue. A factory reset helped my issues, but I ended up exchanging my phone for other issues. I got a brand new S5, but I had only owned mine for a few days at that point.

Thanks for the response... I got them back. See the edit above. Don't know how I missed that Power Saving was on but that was it. I may still return it due to the Camera problems, but that is another thread.
19th June 2014, 07:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag Honolulu, HI
Thanks Meter: 301

2,560 posts
More
No worries, glad you fixed it.

Delawaredrew is an odd name. You from DE? I recently moved from Dover to Honolulu.
20th June 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Olympia, WA

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatin707

No worries, glad you fixed it.

Delawaredrew is an odd name. You from DE? I recently moved from Dover to Honolulu.

I grew up in lower DE, about an hour south of Dover, but live in WA now...

Bummer about your phone, I don't think I'll test the water resistance, even if I get the official back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread