Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,883 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active running 4.4.2

Tip us?
 
Montez21
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default [Q] Root for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active running 4.4.2

Is there a root that works for the AT&T version of the Galaxy S4 Active?
 
radoss
Old
(Last edited by radoss; 16th June 2014 at 07:13 AM.) Reason: Adding Notes
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montez21 View Post
Is there a root that works for the AT&T version of the Galaxy S4 Active?
This worked for me on my AT&T Galaxy S4 Active with Android 4.3 - Baseband ML2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=1

NOTE: Just make sure you upgrade the kernel after you're done rooting and you get WiFi back.
The only down side is most of the online games I play, like MMO's, can't keep a connection even though the WiFi is strong as ever.
 
Montez21
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Will try thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app
 
mikelets456
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 85
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montez21 View Post
Is there a root that works for the AT&T version of the Galaxy S4 Active?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...17&postcount=2

Geohat root link above. Simple APK download, click then install SU...done!
 
DannyC01
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by radoss View Post
This worked for me on my AT&T Galaxy S4 Active with Android 4.3 - Baseband ML2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=1

NOTE: Just make sure you upgrade the kernel after you're done rooting and you get WiFi back.
The only down side is most of the online games I play, like MMO's, can't keep a connection even though the WiFi is strong as ever.
I rooted using towelroot and everything seems fine, even my wifi. How do you upgrade the kernel?
 
Devo7v
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 316
Posts: 910
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Washington, D.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyC01 View Post
I rooted using towelroot and everything seems fine, even my wifi. How do you upgrade the kernel?
You can't. The i537 has a locked bootloader so you can't flash a kernel unless it has been signed by Samsung. Your stuck with the kernel you have.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slide Dial Replacement Dialer Lets You Make Calls from Anywhere

If you frequently make phone calls, your dialer (aka phone app)is one of the … more

Navigate with Your Samsung Gear 2 Using DMA Navi Watch

Whether you’re travelling to a new destination or exploring some previously … more

Xperia Z1 Stereo Speaker Mod, Cell Phone Unlocking Legal Again! – XDA Developer TV

Cell Phone Unlocking is legal again!! That and much … more