FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Q] Android.content.syncmanager.SYNC_ALARM wakeups

172 posts
Thanks Meter: 23
 
By con100, Senior Member on 16th April 2014, 07:28 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
As the title says I'm having issues with android.content.syncmanager.SYNC_ALARM waking up my phone. I'll include some screenshots and a log from Better Battery Stats. This issue just started the other day after I did a factory reset. Before the reset I never even noticed this causing any issues. In BBS Android never even went above 100 let alone over a thousend wakeups. Now after doing a factory reset it's well over a thousand and I have no idea what's causing it. I followed this guide and disabled stuff like gtalk, wallet and checkin in Google Play Services and the Google Services Framework. But I don't think that's the cause because I did the same thing before I reset my phone.

Also after doing a factory reset every once in awhile I get a message saying some Google Service has stopped like Drive or Gmail. But I don't see how that's related. Anyway here's some screen shots and my Better Battery Stats Log. I really hope someone knows what to do because I'm stuck on what app could be causing this.

In the Wakelock Detector screens you'll notice that my phones been awake for like 80% of the time and has only been in a deep sleep for like 40 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Better Battery Stats.png
Views:	343
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	2689198   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wakelock Detector 1.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	2689199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wakelock Detector 2.png
Views:	300
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	2689200  
Attached Files
File Type: txt BetterBatteryStats-2014-04-16_021126468.txt - [Click for QR Code] (14.3 KB, 12 views)
 
 
16th April 2014, 11:42 AM |#2  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,685
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by con100

As the title says I'm having issues with android.content.syncmanager.SYNC_ALARM waking up my phone. I'll include some screenshots and a log from Better Battery Stats. This issue just started the other day after I did a factory reset. Before the reset I never even noticed this causing any issues. In BBS Android never even went above 100 let alone over a thousend wakeups. Now after doing a factory reset it's well over a thousand and I have no idea what's causing it. I followed this guide and disabled stuff like gtalk, wallet and checkin in Google Play Services and the Google Services Framework. But I don't think that's the cause because I did the same thing before I reset my phone.

Also after doing a factory reset every once in awhile I get a message saying some Google Service has stopped like Drive or Gmail. But I don't see how that's related. Anyway here's some screen shots and my Better Battery Stats Log. I really hope someone knows what to do because I'm stuck on what app could be causing this.

In the Wakelock Detector screens you'll notice that my phones been awake for like 80% of the time and has only been in a deep sleep for like 40 minutes.

If noone here ends up having an answer for you maybe try asking here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2393708

The people in that thread know a lot about wake locks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
16th April 2014, 05:07 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

If noone here ends up having an answer for you maybe try asking here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2393708

The people in that thread know a lot about wake locks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Ok thanks.

Also I didn't let my phone charge over night and it dropped from 42% to 22% before it wouldn't drop one percent over night.

According to Wakelock detector something else is causing it. *sync*_subscribedfeeds_Account {name=eM_ADDR, type=com.google} has 2 wakeups for a total of 19 hours and 58 minutes. Unless they are related. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Google Play Services.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Last edited by con100; 16th April 2014 at 05:19 PM.
17th April 2014, 08:03 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
I seemed to fix it somewhat. But now I'm having an issue with AudioOut_2

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
19th June 2014, 11:40 PM |#5  
fone_fanatic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Texas
Thanks Meter: 242
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by con100

I seemed to fix it somewhat. But now I'm having an issue with AudioOut_2

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

How did you fix it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
20th June 2014, 03:17 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fone_fanatic

How did you fix it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I wish I could help you here. But I don't remember what I did. I have a Galaxy s5 now and I haven't had it happen again. After I fixed it on my old phone awhile ago I never bothered with it again. I think I disabled something in Google play services using System Tuner but I can't remember what.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android.content.syncmanager.sync_alarm wakeups
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes