(Root) Deleting stock apps

OP kylgore

20th June 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 12

26 posts
More
Don't do the following unless you know what you're doing/want to do and are prepared to odin back to stock.

I'm using a Gear 2 Neo with a nexus 5. A lot of the stock apps on the watch either don't work, or aren't apps i'm interested in using them. I could just ignore them, but that's not like me.

You can remove apps by logging into a shell on the (rooted) watch.

./sdb root on
./sdb shell
sh-3.2# mount -o remount,rw /
sh-3.2# rpm -e **packagename** (replace package name with the name of the package found in /usr/apps, for example "com.samsung.svoice-w"

This uninstalls the app, but leaves the icon in the launcher, still trying to figure out a way to remove that icon. I've edited /opt/usr/share/wms/wapplist.xml to remove the entries for the apps i've removed, but their shortcuts remain.

I'm going to try to build the stock tizen launcher and settings apps from source, I will update as I can...
20th June 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bunbury-Western Australia
Thanks Meter: 950

2,384 posts
More
sweeeeeet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylgore

Don't do the following unless you know what you're doing/want to do and are prepared to odin back to stock.

I'm using a Gear 2 Neo with a nexus 5. A lot of the stock apps on the watch either don't work, or aren't apps i'm interested in using them. I could just ignore them, but that's not like me.

You can remove apps by logging into a shell on the (rooted) watch.

./sdb root on
./sdb shell
sh-3.2# mount -o remount,rw /
sh-3.2# rpm -e **packagename** (replace package name with the name of the package found in /usr/apps, for example "com.samsung.svoice-w"

This uninstalls the app, but leaves the icon in the launcher, still trying to figure out a way to remove that icon. I've edited /opt/usr/share/wms/wapplist.xml to remove the entries for the apps i've removed, but their shortcuts remain.

I'm going to try to build the stock tizen launcher and settings apps from source, I will update as I can...

ok thats sounds cool, free up some of the limited rom space, is your build gona be for neo only ? im guessing so, is it or will it be simple to port your source with the necessary changes need to function on the gear2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread