Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 52,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Root) Deleting stock apps

Tip us?

kylgore
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default (Root) Deleting stock apps

Don't do the following unless you know what you're doing/want to do and are prepared to odin back to stock.

I'm using a Gear 2 Neo with a nexus 5. A lot of the stock apps on the watch either don't work, or aren't apps i'm interested in using them. I could just ignore them, but that's not like me.

You can remove apps by logging into a shell on the (rooted) watch.

./sdb root on
./sdb shell
sh-3.2# mount -o remount,rw /
sh-3.2# rpm -e **packagename** (replace package name with the name of the package found in /usr/apps, for example "com.samsung.svoice-w"

This uninstalls the app, but leaves the icon in the launcher, still trying to figure out a way to remove that icon. I've edited /opt/usr/share/wms/wapplist.xml to remove the entries for the apps i've removed, but their shortcuts remain.

I'm going to try to build the stock tizen launcher and settings apps from source, I will update as I can...

gav83collins
Old
Thanks Meter 573
Default sweeeeeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylgore View Post
Don't do the following unless you know what you're doing/want to do and are prepared to odin back to stock.

I'm using a Gear 2 Neo with a nexus 5. A lot of the stock apps on the watch either don't work, or aren't apps i'm interested in using them. I could just ignore them, but that's not like me.

You can remove apps by logging into a shell on the (rooted) watch.

./sdb root on
./sdb shell
sh-3.2# mount -o remount,rw /
sh-3.2# rpm -e **packagename** (replace package name with the name of the package found in /usr/apps, for example "com.samsung.svoice-w"

This uninstalls the app, but leaves the icon in the launcher, still trying to figure out a way to remove that icon. I've edited /opt/usr/share/wms/wapplist.xml to remove the entries for the apps i've removed, but their shortcuts remain.

I'm going to try to build the stock tizen launcher and settings apps from source, I will update as I can...
ok thats sounds cool, free up some of the limited rom space, is your build gona be for neo only ? im guessing so, is it or will it be simple to port your source with the necessary changes need to function on the gear2
Galaxy S5 G900f
ROM Echo
KERNEL testing
STATE Rooted / UnLocked
RECOVERY twrp

Evo3D
multi booting x9 roms currently

Galaxy Gear 2 SM-R380
STATE Rooted

Gear <S4 <Note2 <S3 <Evo3D <S2 <dhd <Omnia HD <Omnia 2 < Omnia 1
(not including iphones)