Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEVED/TW-ROM FIX] Developer Edition TW-4.4 ROM Fix Files [2014-04-27]

Tip us?

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by abe_cedar View Post
Leankernel seems a little better than compulsion.
I prefer obj roms. it seems a little snapper. I am a minimalist. I need a large screen. Don't use the spen.
I am using the inverted system apps. Love the phone and contacts GUI.
Only weird thing is when I enter service mode the screen is blank. It does say service mode but no text. File is enabled in efs folder. Still on mje radio.
Any ideas?
Probably due to all the things removed you could try reinstalling service.apk .

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepooch View Post
I haven't had any reboots with lean kernel 3.0 very happy so far. Merges with NE6 have been very helpful to those of us with the DE. I'm using Jasmine I incrementally flashed from 1.3 up with the lean kernel then the DE patch. Seems very stable and clean and totally worth the fresh flash.
Thanks for the info...i might have to give 4.4 another go. I have had my eye on Jasmine also
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
Thanks for the info...i might have to give 4.4 another go. I have had my eye on Jasmine also
I have been enjoying jasmine quite a bit. Just flash up incrementally from 1.3 to 1.3.3, flash the latest Lean kernel 3.0 then the DE patch from @hsbadr. I think you will enjoy it too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thepooch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

texasez
Old
(Last edited by texasez; 17th June 2014 at 10:39 PM.) Reason: found the file
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepooch View Post
I have been enjoying jasmine quite a bit. Just flash up incrementally from 1.3 to 1.3.3, flash the latest Lean kernel 3.0 then the DE patch from @hsbadr. I think you will enjoy it too.
Can you provide me a link to the last Lean Kernel. The one I keep finding from the link on Github does not match the file listed by the op. I am on the DE.
thanks.
Larry

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasez View Post
Can you provide me a link to the last Lean Kernel. The one I keep finding from the link on Github does not match the file listed by the op. I am on the DE.
thanks.
Larry
found the link.

abe_cedar
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I am using deuce biggins with lean. Smooth and good batt. I like chrome theme. Compulsion 13 kernel overclock version is also good. I've measured n3 CPU deep sleep after reboot overnite without touching the phone. Lean 3.0 gives 86% deep sleep and compulsion gives 97%. Battery life seems comparable. Comp uses conservativex gov by default while lean uses interactive.I am a minimalist but I don't want the phone to lag.
Any recomnds for io scheduler settings ie row or other?

Question to gurus.
I am using twrp 2.6.3.10.
Any one using the latest one? Any issues?
I have a dev ed with 4.3 bootloader.
TIA

LillieBennett
Old
(Last edited by LillieBennett; 19th June 2014 at 04:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 127
I like the twrp 2.7.1.0 on the DE. Date is fixed, tactile feedback and a few other minors. Last I knew otg on fat32 only, not exFat nor ntfs. I just noticed that otg works for exfat as well and my older 250GB usb 2 drive is almost twice as fast as my exrsd card.

abe_cedar
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillieBennett View Post
I like the twrp 2.7.1.0 on the DE. Date is fixed, tactile feedback and a few other minors. Last I knew otg on fat32 only, not exFat nor ntfs. I just noticed that otg works for exfat as well and my older 250GB usb 2 drive is almost twice as fast as my exrsd card.
Does it work with the older backups? Is it bacwards compatible?
Thanks

LillieBennett
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by abe_cedar View Post
Does it work with the older backups? Is it bacwards compatible?
Thanks
How old do you want to go? I have an old beans 5 that was backed up with TWRP 2.6 something and copied from the extsd to exfat otg. I could restore that directly from the OTG as a test. I don't think the Nandroid format has changed much, system and data are file by file then the other partitions are done with a dd command.
The Following User Says Thank You to LillieBennett For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abe_cedar
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillieBennett View Post
How old do you want to go? I have an old beans 5 that was backed up with TWRP 2.6 something and copied from the extsd to exfat otg. I could restore that directly from the OTG as a test. I don't think the Nandroid format has changed much, system and data are file by file then the other partitions are done with a dd command.
I have 2.6.3.10 so it would work
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to abe_cedar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]