[MOD][XPOSED] SwypeTweaks v1.5.1 [10 September, 15] [Not Actively Developed]

Search This thread

alirezaafkar

Aug 12, 2010
Tehran
wow! Finally I can use Emoji with Swype!
Swype + Sliding Emoji Keyboard
In Swype tweaks choose Sliding Emoji Keyboard,
Then long pressing Enter opens Sliding Emoji Keyboard,
In Sliding Emoji Keyboard long press backspace, opens Swype!
Thanks!

Reactions: Danation

GatoL0c0

Jul 6, 2010
Escondido, CA
wow! Finally I can use Emoji with Swype!
Swype + Sliding Emoji Keyboard
In Swype tweaks choose Sliding Emoji Keyboard,
Then long pressing Enter opens Sliding Emoji Keyboard,
In Sliding Emoji Keyboard long press backspace, opens Swype!
Thanks!

The only thing that I don't like about about the sliding emoji keyboard is that it's missing some emoji and some of the emoji insert a different emoji other than what's displayed. Cool that you can at least switch between much faster though.

---------------
Samsung Galaxy S3
CM11 Nightlies / PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.0 / TWRP / 0-Day PA GApps

zerogpain

Sep 29, 2010
Well then Mr smartass ...since i also am apparently not google search savvy @_@.. ..what does the "b2" in the original "b2ffa200" color code mean ? needless to say ffa200 is the default swype orange
i read that the first part is alpha level or something like that but what does that actually mean?
Just about every example i see on webpages are "ff"
So again Mr. SmartAss...please enlighten me -_-

Ever heard of Google?

---------------
Samsung Galaxy S3

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
..what does the "b2" in the original "b2ffa200" color code mean ? needless to say ffa200 is the default swype orange
i read that the first part is alpha level or something like that but what does that actually mean?

It's opacity, meaning how see through it is. The higher the number, the less see through the trace will be. So ff is completely opaque, whereas 00 is completely transparent.

Then it's red, green, and blue.

Don't worry, though. I will have a color picker soon. I just wanted to get a release out since it has been so long.

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
Tell me, how do you check through Swype to get the points (functions) to override with Xposed?
Do you debug it? How?
Is it just guessing and trial and error?

If I had the source code, I could debug through it, but I don't. That's one of the various reasons that progress is slow. If it was open source, I could build Swype and have a grand time figuring it out.

There are tools that let you see an approximation of the source, but they have some problems, too.

So I just do the best that I can with what I have. There is a lot of trial and error involved.

GatoL0c0

Jul 6, 2010
Escondido, CA
Well then Mr smartass ...since i also am apparently not google search savvy @_@.. ..what does the "b2" in the original "b2ffa200" color code mean ? needless to say ffa200 is the default swype orange
Just about every example i see on webpages are "ff"
So again Mr. SmartAss...please enlighten me -_-

zeropain I was just playing with you. I guess I should've used a smiley face let you know that i was kidding. :thumbup::D

It's opacity, meaning how see through it is. The higher the number, the less see through the trace will be. So ff is completely opaque, whereas 00 is completely transparent.

Don't worry, though. I will have a color picker soon. I just wanted to get a release out since it has been so long.

Yup I messed with this and like a bit of transparency through my trace trail.

---------------
Samsung Galaxy S3

Reactions: Redflea

zerogpain

Sep 29, 2010
Thank you

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
Xposed installer for gingerbread

Is it possible to get this module to work with the xposed gingerbread installer? I have swype+dragon , and this module won't install. I figure, if tinted status bar works, and this is somewhat the same, as far as customization, that it can be made to work. The module gives me a "older version" fault.

rv5750

Apr 1, 2013
Thanks a lot for this. I too prefer colour picker rather than using hex codes. Now I'm actually using colour picker available in Tasker while creating a scene to select the hex code colour. Then I copy and paste the code in the SwypeTweaks app.
Now I only need pop up notifications for copy, paste, etc. I get the 'Copied' pop up notification but I don't get other pop up notifications like 'Pasted', etc. Hope it will be added in the upcoming versions.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

malajo

Nov 4, 2010
Halmstad
Sorry for not explaining better.
The enter-key changing to a smiley-key in hangouts.

Here are the next features I'm attempting, in order:
See if I can get OEM versions to work. (Done)
Launch iWnn emoji keyboard (long press enter key) (Done)
Add a settings activity to enable/disable different options. (Done)
Trace color change (moved up in priority due to popularity) (Done)
Never show the smiley button, always show the Enter button instead.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update Feb 19, 2017: Hey guys. I know it's been forever since I posted. I keep thinking I'll eventually get back to working on this, but it just hasn't happened. The problem is time and patience. Digging through disassembled code is tedious and very time consuming, so I haven't been able to devote the time or drum up the motivation to work more on it.

So it's official: I'm not planning any active development on this for the foreseeable future. If I ever decide to work on it more, I'll post an update here. Also, if anybody wants to contribute, I'll happily accept Pull Requests on GitHub, push releases, etc.

Introduction:

Swype is an amazing IME, and it has been my favorite for a long time. However, it has some faults. The biggest annoyance is voice dictation: Dragon is forced on you and there is no good way to use Google's superior voice recognition.

This module opens the Google voice typing input when you hit the voice button. It should act just like any other keyboard that has a voice button.

Additionally, there are options to change some colors and other tweaks.

This should work with all recent versions of Swype, including OEM, Google Play paid, Google Play trial, etc. If you have any problems, please let me know.

Download:

SwypeTweaks at repo.xposed.info

This app requires Xposed.

You also need Google Voice Search installed.

Issues:

None that I know of, currently.

What's Next:

I can only really work on this during weekends, so updates won't be extremely fast, but I'll do my best.

Here are the next features I'm attempting, in order:
    1. Get rid of all orange (In progress.)
    2. Much more flexible key remapping

Features I am considering and investigating:
    • Customize gestures
    • Pop up a toast message/notification when a gesture is used.
    • Layout changes. This is likely to be too difficult.

Special thanks:

rovo89 for the Xposed Framework and also for helping me in the framework thread.
    alaskajoel for the great idea and for testing
    arpruss for the emoji disabling feature
    netkeion and francwalter for helping with the IME switching

Changelog:

• Removed some code that caused a disappearing microphone button for a user

• Lowered minimum time threshold for long pressing keys
    • Changed "Long press enter" to "long press speech key", since doing a long press on the enter key doesn't work anymore (thanks netkeion and francwalter)
    • Removed emoji disabler, since there is now a setting built into Swype.

• An option has been added to disable emoji in the word suggestion bar. This excellent feature was written by arpruss and is included in SwypeTweaks with arpruss's permission

• More color customization
    • Color pickers for changing color
    • Show microphone key instead of Dragon Flame when the replacement is enabled
    • Better performance for trace color change

• You can now change the trace color
    • Long pressing enter can change between keyboards
    • Better error handling

• This should now work with all recent versions of Swype (OEM, both Play Store versions, etc.) I changed the mechanism of how it launches Google Voice Recognition, so please let me know if this causes any problems. It should act exactly the same.
    • Added an option to launch the iWnn emoji keyboard when long pressing the Enter key (assuming iWnn is installed.)
    • Added settings activity to enable/disable features (more are planned.)

1.0.1 - Very minor update to allow this to work with the trial version of Swype.
    Also added better logging for support.

1.0 - Initial release

Source:

https://github.com/Danation/SwypeTweaks
    @Danation: are you still on board and busy or did you abandon this great project?
    Long time not a word from you here :(

I'm hoping he didn't Tbh..[emoji85]

I PM'ed him a few days ago but he didn't reply.
    I too hope that he doesn't abandon this module because this is my favourite module.

his last activity shows sometime back in september. I am inclined to say his involvement is done with. Bummer, really - this was the most useful mod for me.

I apologize for this. Life got too crazy for a while for me to work on hobbies. Thankfully it's starting to calm down a bit.

I'm also pretty disheartened at the gloomy outlook of Xposed on Lollipop. It sounds like the main developer is pretty burned out.

Having said that, my current plan IS to keep working on this when I can. I can't promise a timeline, but I promise I will not just completely disappear. If there's a time when I decide I'm done, I will let you know.

I also encourage contributions. My source code (as un-pretty as it is) is on Github.
    New version:

• More color customization
    • Color pickers for changing color
    • Show microphone key instead of Dragon Flame when the replacement is enabled
    • Better performance for trace color change

Note: If you already had a custom trace color, it will be lost and you'll need to set it again.
    Sorry I haven't posted for a bit.

So far, my trace color change attempts haven't been successful, but I'll keep trying.

For people having issues with the emoji keyboards, I think I'll solve this by making the settings more general. I'll see if I can have an option for selecting which IME to launch when long pressing enter.
    I guess this went to your spam folder.
    Any news?

As a matter of fact, there is! I just released a new version:

• You can now change the trace color
    • Long pressing enter can change between keyboards
    • Better error handling

Let me know how it goes :)