FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Limitations of just root

948 posts
Thanks Meter: 333
 
By windstrings, Senior Member on 19th June 2014, 04:28 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th June 2014, 02:36 AM |#11  
bryantjopplin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 344
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by windstrings

If I remember right, they prompt you over and over and finally installs anyway... I would have to block it somehow or do as you say....

Need to study much more first.. Seems I'm limited a lot with my s4.

Sent from my GS4 Zombie Communicator

Freeze the update apps on the stock touchwiz rom and it won't ask you anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
 
20th June 2014, 02:56 AM |#12  
windstrings's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 333
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantjopplin

Freeze the update apps on the stock touchwiz rom and it won't ask you anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Talking about the OS system ota update

Sent from my GS4 Zombie Communicator
20th June 2014, 03:12 AM |#13  
bryantjopplin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 344
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by windstrings

Talking about the OS system ota update

Sent from my GS4 Zombie Communicator

Yes it's a couple of apps the you need to freeze after you root.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
20th June 2014, 03:43 AM |#14  
windstrings's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 333
 
More
So do I gather I basically can't do anything that alters this stock ROM?

It's a bit confusing knowing just when the ROM is affected versus not.

Which parts of performance won't work?
I now know adjusting CPU or kernel is out.
1. What about Internet boosters?
2. SD boosters?

Still unclear where I'm limited concerning root tweaks.


Sent from my GS4 Zombie Communicator
20th June 2014, 04:03 AM |#15  
bryantjopplin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 344
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by windstrings

So do I gather I basically can't do anything that alters this stock ROM?

It's a bit confusing knowing just when the ROM is affected versus not.

Which parts of performance won't work?
I now know adjusting CPU or kernel is out.
1. What about Internet boosters?
2. SD boosters?

Still unclear where I'm limited concerning root tweaks.


Sent from my GS4 Zombie Communicator

You can adjust the cpu I believe just not over clock it. Not to sure as I have never had a stock phone lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
20th June 2014, 04:09 AM |#16  
windstrings's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 333
 
More
When I grow up I wanna be that way!

Sent from my GS4 Zombie Communicator
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes