FORUMS

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Xposed Framework Updated to v65

Xposed Framework is an extremely popular modification platform for Android, so much so that we included … more

Extreme noob help with root and kernal install

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By chaserwaser25, Junior Member on 20th June 2014, 04:13 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just need a very basic " this is what you need to do to install this in your dash" step by step. Looked at the how to stickys but I just want to make sure there arnt specific items I need? I know I want timurs kernal. But I know I need to root first. Can somone post links even exactly what I need to follow please. Thanks.
 
 
21st June 2014, 06:20 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaserwaser25

I just need a very basic " this is what you need to do to install this in your dash" step by step. Looked at the how to stickys but I just want to make sure there arnt specific items I need? I know I want timurs kernal. But I know I need to root first. Can somone post links even exactly what I need to follow please. Thanks.

I just rooted my device using wugfresh. Is this all I need to do and then get timurs kernal and install? Thanks for the help ...
21st June 2014, 06:59 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Read this might help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2707997
21st June 2014, 03:41 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurion45

Read this might help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2707997

Now I just need to install timurs and I'll be good ?
21st June 2014, 05:02 PM |#5  
deadgiveaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Yes you will have to purchase it though

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
21st June 2014, 07:29 PM |#6  
cokey77's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag newcastle
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
To root it use towelroot app one click and a reboot later and your rooted and if you want boot loader unlock without wiping your data use bootunlocker for nexus from playstore . links to both these are hear root http://towelroot.com/ bootloader https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...1.bootunlocker

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
21st June 2014, 09:09 PM |#7  
whmgreen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokey77

To root it use towelroot app one click and a reboot later and your rooted and if you want boot loader unlock without wiping your data use bootunlocker for nexus from playstore . links to both these are hear root http://towelroot.com/ bootloader https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...1.bootunlocker

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Can anyone confirm root with towelroot on the n7 2013 flo?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
21st June 2014, 10:11 PM |#8  
cokey77's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag newcastle
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Yes I've done it only thing I haven't done is use bootloader unlock just remember to install superuser when it's rooted.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes