Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,800 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-health and S-voice won't update?

Tip us?

Namikaze Minato
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default S-health and S-voice won't update?

Hello everyone,

So i have towel rooted the S5, it's great and works fine except for a couple things. Like the title says, neither s-voice or s-health update. They both keep telling me they have updates but, when I try to update the app force closes. Unfortunately "blank" has stopped. I was wondering is this because of towel root or another reason. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

carlospr21
Old
Thanks Meter 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namikaze Minato View Post
Hello everyone,

So i have towel rooted the S5, it's great and works fine except for a couple things. Like the title says, neither s-voice or s-health update. They both keep telling me they have updates but, when I try to update the app force closes. Unfortunately "blank" has stopped. I was wondering is this because of towel root or another reason. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
do you have xposed install
have you cleared cache??

If you have xposed do here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784945
Then wipe apps cache and done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

★ Device: LG G3 TMobile LTE Unlock 32gb |
● Rom: ★..:..st0ck G3 TweakBox..:..★ |
☼ Recovery: st0ck |
★ Android: 4.4.2 |
● Modem: D85110m |
☼ Kernal: st0ck |

ĄDon't Forget To Hit The Thanks Button If You Like My Work Or If I Helped You!
The Following User Says Thank You to carlospr21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Namikaze Minato
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlospr21 View Post
do you have xposed install
have you cleared cache??

If you have xposed do here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784945
Then wipe apps cache and done

I do not have xposed installed. Does this mean I just have to wipe the cache from the settings app?

johns86
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Yes, thats what he means. Going to app manager and clearing cache

I had updated everything before I used towelroot, so I can only help in saying that a few days ago I updated with no problem.

I might also try a difference between WIFI and Data attempting to update.
The Following User Says Thank You to johns86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carlospr21
Old
Thanks Meter 938
Quote:
I do not have xposed installed. Does this mean I just have to wipe the cache from the settings app?
yes sir or drag it to the app drawer on top it says App Info you can clear it from there

The Following User Says Thank You to carlospr21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Namikaze Minato
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns86 View Post
Yes, thats what he means. Going to app manager and clearing cache

I had updated everything before I used towelroot, so I can only help in saying that a few days ago I updated with no problem.

I might also try a difference between WIFI and Data attempting to update.
I just tried to go through app manager and clear the cache and it still doesn't fix the problem. I'm thinking the only way to get around this would to be uproot and then update and root again. My only complaint about that way is - do I have to do that everytime these apps want to update?

johns86
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
I just tried to go through app manager and clear the cache and it still doesn't fix the problem. I'm thinking the only way to get around this would to be uproot and then update and root again. My only complaint about that way is - do I have to do that everytime these apps want to update?
I've updated plenty of apps since then. I wouldn't get carried away right off the bat.

There are several factors that could be preventing it from updating that are out of your control. Next thing I'd try, a stupid, yet simple. turn off, pull battery, turn on and try again. If that doesn't work just wait 12 or 24 hours before attempting again.

Like I said before, stuff out of your control, servers, networks, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to johns86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Namikaze Minato
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
FOUND IT!

I'm sorry for all the trouble guys but I found the problem. What I forgot was that I froze the Samsung appstore app from within titanium backup. Realizing those are Samsung apps and not the playstore apps and defrosting the Samsung appstore is what fixed the problem.

Thank you again for trying to help. Also really sorry for the trouble. Will hit "thanks" to the responders!

johns86
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
FOUND IT!

I'm sorry for all the trouble guys but I found the problem. What I forgot was that I froze the Samsung appstore app from within titanium backup. Realizing those are Samsung apps and not the playstore apps and defrosting the Samsung appstore is what fixed the problem.

Thank you again for trying to help. Also really sorry for the trouble. Will hit "thanks" to the responders!
lol...yea, that'll do it!

carlospr21
Old
Thanks Meter 938
Quote:
FOUND IT!

hahahaha stuff like thats happens when your rooted!!! [emoji38]