Gear Noob

Search This thread

aford89

Oct 9, 2010
I just got a gear and im trying to get it to tizen, according to kies its on the latest. Anyway i rooted and rom'd it. couldnt accomplish what i wanted so now i want to get it onto tizen. What is the easiest way to do this?

dd323

Dec 11, 2010
LOS ANGELES

Volvogia

Aug 10, 2012
Washington, WV
Check this post out it worked for me and I was rooted as well.. Follow instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53028751

[sprint htc one m7 + gear 1 on tizen =?]

This is what I used on my US Gear. Works great!

Use Odin 3.09
Put Gear into Download mode and connect to PC
Unzip the file you downloaded then put in the AP section of Odin
Flash and wait for it to finish

This is all I did on my Gear and my girlfriends Gear to get Tizen. Loads better than Android IMO. Loads more battery life and the UI is better. Just a all around improvement.

aford89

Oct 9, 2010
ok i got it up and running and it actually connected to my n5 and i recieve notifications......now my other question. is there anyway to respond to them on the watch itself?

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
ok i got it up and running and it actually connected to my n5 and i recieve notifications......now my other question. is there anyway to respond to them on the watch itself?

It cannot be done on Tizen like @dd323 says, at least not now. If you were still on the null rom, there was a thread that discussed this. But not as easy as on the phone of course, the watch is actually quite limited in terms of true usability in part due to its very small operating area.