Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Toughest case?

Tip us?

ccamfield
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Toughest case?

Hey all,

I just ordered a Compact and am looking forward to it a lot (my current phone is a Samsung Galaxy 4G so this is going to be a huge huge upgrade).

I've had an OtterBox case on my Galaxy but OtterBox doesn't make Sony cases. Can any of you recommend a really really tough case for the Compact? To me, looks are far less important than making sure the case doesn't get broken.

necr0manser
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've also been looking for the most protective case which would look and _protect_ like the otterbox or griffin cases. The most closest thing i found was the case-mate tough case. There are some pics somewhere in this forum, just google it.
The Following User Says Thank You to necr0manser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

komedol
Old
(Last edited by komedol; 27th June 2014 at 03:06 AM.) Reason: Added Ringke Fusion
Thanks Meter 18
I can think of a few:
1. Incipio DualPro
2. Case-Mate Tough/Tough Naked
3. Elecom Heavy Duty Zero Shock
4. Ringke Fusion

But not sure whether these cases have opening for the magnetic port.
The Following User Says Thank You to komedol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ccamfield
Old
(Last edited by ccamfield; 20th June 2014 at 04:19 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks! That gives me a good start.

I've decided on the Case-Mate (not through a very scientific process, just that it's available and looks like similar construction to the Otterbox). One thing to note (for anyone viewing this thread later) is that apparently it does NOT have an opening for the magnetic charging port.