FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

Gear Noob

120 posts
Thanks Meter: 8
 
By aford89, Senior Member on 17th June 2014, 06:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just got a gear and im trying to get it to tizen, according to kies its on the latest. Anyway i rooted and rom'd it. couldnt accomplish what i wanted so now i want to get it onto tizen. What is the easiest way to do this?
 
 
17th June 2014, 08:11 PM |#2  
dd323's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LOS ANGELES
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aford89

I just got a gear and im trying to get it to tizen, according to kies its on the latest. Anyway i rooted and rom'd it. couldnt accomplish what i wanted so now i want to get it onto tizen. What is the easiest way to do this?

Check this post out it worked for me and I was rooted as well.. Follow instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53028751


[sprint htc one m7 + gear 1 on tizen =😀]
17th June 2014, 08:35 PM |#3  
Volvogia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington, WV
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd323

Check this post out it worked for me and I was rooted as well.. Follow instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53028751


[sprint htc one m7 + gear 1 on tizen =😀]

This is what I used on my US Gear. Works great!

Use Odin 3.09
Put Gear into Download mode and connect to PC
Unzip the file you downloaded then put in the AP section of Odin
Flash and wait for it to finish

This is all I did on my Gear and my girlfriends Gear to get Tizen. Loads better than Android IMO. Loads more battery life and the UI is better. Just a all around improvement.
20th June 2014, 05:21 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
ok i got it up and running and it actually connected to my n5 and i recieve notifications......now my other question. is there anyway to respond to them on the watch itself?
20th June 2014, 05:37 AM |#5  
dd323's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LOS ANGELES
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
No

[sprint htc one m7 + gear 1 on tizen =😀]
20th June 2014, 06:10 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aford89

ok i got it up and running and it actually connected to my n5 and i recieve notifications......now my other question. is there anyway to respond to them on the watch itself?

It cannot be done on Tizen like @dd323 says, at least not now. If you were still on the null rom, there was a thread that discussed this. But not as easy as on the phone of course, the watch is actually quite limited in terms of true usability in part due to its very small operating area.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes