Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Gear Noob

OP aford89

17th June 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

96 posts
I just got a gear and im trying to get it to tizen, according to kies its on the latest. Anyway i rooted and rom'd it. couldnt accomplish what i wanted so now i want to get it onto tizen. What is the easiest way to do this?
17th June 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag LOS ANGELES
Thanks Meter: 54

176 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aford89

I just got a gear and im trying to get it to tizen, according to kies its on the latest. Anyway i rooted and rom'd it. couldnt accomplish what i wanted so now i want to get it onto tizen. What is the easiest way to do this?

Check this post out it worked for me and I was rooted as well.. Follow instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53028751

[sprint htc one m7 + gear 1 on tizen =😀]
17th June 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #3  
Flag Washington, WV
Thanks Meter: 28

169 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd323

Check this post out it worked for me and I was rooted as well.. Follow instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53028751

This is what I used on my US Gear. Works great!

Use Odin 3.09
Put Gear into Download mode and connect to PC
Unzip the file you downloaded then put in the AP section of Odin
Flash and wait for it to finish

This is all I did on my Gear and my girlfriends Gear to get Tizen. Loads better than Android IMO. Loads more battery life and the UI is better. Just a all around improvement.
20th June 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

96 posts
ok i got it up and running and it actually connected to my n5 and i recieve notifications......now my other question. is there anyway to respond to them on the watch itself?
20th June 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #5  
Flag LOS ANGELES
Thanks Meter: 54

176 posts
More
No

20th June 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 29

132 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aford89

ok i got it up and running and it actually connected to my n5 and i recieve notifications......now my other question. is there anyway to respond to them on the watch itself?

It cannot be done on Tizen like @dd323 says, at least not now. If you were still on the null rom, there was a thread that discussed this. But not as easy as on the phone of course, the watch is actually quite limited in terms of true usability in part due to its very small operating area.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread