Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Galaxy S2 Skyrocket problem

OP Xlr8torZ28

15th June 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Not sure if this is the right forum or page for this thread but here goes. I have a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket that has worked flawlessly for me. A couple of weekends ago I went out to eat with some friends and forgot my phone at home. When I got home I found my phone sitting on top of my shop vac where I left it. I noticed that the battery indicator showed the phone almost dead which was odd. I put it on the charger over night as I always do. The next day I noticed the phone losing about 10% battery every hour. I assume the magnet in the motor on the shop vac has done something to my phone. I tried 2 other batteries and got the same result. I reset the phone and also forced a reflash and still the same problem. Is there anything I can do to fix this??????
15th June 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Just to be clear, the phone can usually go 2 days before it would go totally dead and literally changed that day.
20th June 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 28

88 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlr8torZ28

Just to be clear, the phone can usually go 2 days before it would go totally dead and literally changed that day.

Install betterbatterystats (search on xda) - that thread has many details to debug the batter issues. Anything could have changed, there were lot of updates to google related apps in the past few days any of which could have changed the setting started draining the battery. It could as well be a coincidence.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread