Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Post Reply

[Q] Insufficient free storage space error

OP antila

17th June 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 16
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
More
Hello!
Yesterday I've upgraded my rom to 4.4.2 KitKat NC5. Right now after I'm trying to do backup with my Titanium Backup app batch backup for new system and user apps I'm getting the message "Batch backup interrupted. Insufficient free storage space", I still have 20 gb of free space on my SD card. How can I fix it?
Last edited by antila; 17th June 2014 at 07:40 AM.
18th June 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #2  
toviaheli's Avatar
Member
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 6
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antila

Hello!
Yesterday I've upgraded my rom to 4.4.2 KitKat NC5. Right now after I'm trying to do backup with my Titanium Backup app batch backup for new system and user apps I'm getting the message "Batch backup interrupted. Insufficient free storage space", I still have 20 gb of free space on my SD card. How can I fix it?

The only fix I found was to delete the /data/date folder and then factory reset.

Hope that helps.
18th June 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 16
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli

The only fix I found was to delete the /data/date folder and then factory reset.

Hope that helps.

Did you mean /date folder for Titanium Backup on SD card? All settings and so on? Or this is something else?
18th June 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 16
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli

The only fix I found was to delete the /data/date folder and then factory reset.

Hope that helps.

I think all problems appears because for some reason Titanium Backup says my SD card folders not writable and I don't know how to fix it.
20th June 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #5  
toviaheli's Avatar
Member
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 6
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antila

I think all problems appears because for some reason Titanium Backup says my SD card folders not writable and I don't know how to fix it.


Sorry, big fingers on a small keyboard, I meant to delete the /Data/Data folder in Root on internal storage...
20th June 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 16
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli

Sorry, big fingers on a small keyboard, I meant to delete the /Data/Data folder in Root on internal storage...

I've tried everything but only this has worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemamahey

So I was having this same problem but the aforementioned fixes didn't address the external SD card. I figured out that the error message is a bit misleading and that the actual problem was that the backup storage location wasn't writable by TiBU. searching on that issue I found the below post and modified the platform.XML file using root explorer. The original platform.xml on my phone looked a bit different than bleez99's. This is how I changed the file:

Before mod:
<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
</permission>

After Mod:
<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

A reboot is required for changes to take effect.

All credit to bleez99 for this fix. If this helps you please thank his post below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=357


edit:
For those worried about moding system files I haven't seen any adverse side effects from this mod. This might be anecdotal but I figure if anything does go screwy I(or you) can always change the file back in 2 min.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank