Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 54,393 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] I747UCUFNE4_AT&T 4.4.2 Stock ROM & System Dump

Tip us?

enewman17
Old
(Last edited by enewman17; 20th June 2014 at 04:59 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5779

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwned101 View Post
Guess I'm not alone. I too bricked my phone. Hopefully the debrick image file works.
Quick question, Do I need to buy a jig to put the phone in Download mode? My phone currently shows no activity...its dead.
From what I understand if the sdcard is made correctly with the debrick img then your phone should respond to the button combo to get into download mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixzone View Post
can we follow the exact steps what you have done to safely upgrade to kitkat?

Sent from my kd2att using Tapatalk
i can't see why not, but first I would update my bootloaders to mjb. then do the tar and the modified ota.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
- Top Secret Clown Business -
- The Devil's Reject -
By all means you are all welcome to use the entirety of everything I upload without permission. Enjoy!

cheddleson
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by enewman17 View Post
I've been out of the loop lately. But sometimes we have to learn the hard way. unfortunately I just wish it had been me that bricked so this never happened. I sure hope the debrick img works.

Don't worry about it. We all knew there was some risk. You've done great things for this phone. Been using your work since the Devils reject. Quick question, though. Once I do get back to download mode, do I Odin to 4.3 and mjb, or do I need to locate 4.4 files?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

talkingmonkeys
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikes527 View Post
If I'm understanding this correctly then the update should not be applied to phones running the MJB 4.3 Bootloader, correct? If so can't anyone apply the update if enewman just uploads the new 4.4 bootloader?
We're not sure yet. Its best to stay off of this until we work out everything. Coming from the OTA, rooting it and flashing in recovery sounds like it worked. I am going to be testing this on the 4.3 bootloader and modem tonight and see if I have any issues from the old radio. I don't want to brick my phone trying to test the mj2 bootloader with the 4.4 modem that he had posted that got everyone who used it from mjb it seems like.

Best thing those that bricked can do is try the debrick.img that he posted and let us know how that works and letting us know what bootloader you were on before you attempted this. As for those who want kit kat and can't wait anymore try any of the nd8 ports and use that for a few days or stick with where you are patiently.

enewman17
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5779

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddleson View Post
Don't worry about it. We all knew there was some risk. You've done great things for this phone. Been using your work since the Devils reject. Quick question, though. Once I do get back to download mode, do I Odin to 4.3 and mjb, or do I need to locate 4.4 files?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk
I don't know but I think the debrick fixes the emmc in the process. so odin a recovery then flash a Rom.

thanks I try. just sucks is all. I do what I can. lest they didn't totally lock it up like the s4 and s5. with the update I was still able to flash a recovery with Odin the flash supersu to root. I just don't see what the big deal is. Knox and selinux aren't affecting root anymore, chainfire has squashed that. I think if we want tw 4.4 then we have to update everything.

- Top Secret Clown Business -
- The Devil's Reject -
By all means you are all welcome to use the entirety of everything I upload without permission. Enjoy!

The Following User Says Thank You to enewman17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

talkingmonkeys
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I don't know but I think the debrick fixes the emmc in the process. so odin a recovery then flash a Rom.

thanks I try. just sucks is all. I do what I can. lest they didn't totally lock it up like the s4 and s5. with the update I was still able to flash a recovery with Odin the flash supersu to root. I just don't see what the big deal is. Knox and selinux aren't affecting root anymore, chainfire has squashed that. I think if we want tw 4.4 then we have to update everything.

This was what I was worried about and why I was thinking of just staying on nd8 and trying to fix the issues in it from this release but I got faith we will figure out a way around them. If its reported that the debrick.img works I might just give it a shot and bang my head against the wall for doing it when it fails

Now the MJ2 bootloader we had was special why exactly if you feel like explaining this? It didn't trip knox say if you downgraded the bootloader back to 4.1.2 on MG2 correct? So one would be safe to assume it may work the same for NE4. Now those on MJB may have a tougher way around if this theory is true because I'm thinking that it threw up the same flag that downgrading would have when they flashed that modem. So it would be safe to assume a package flashing both would have the same reaction.

brayhanrd
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This have spanish ?
And can this be use in Canadian Model

matrixzone
Old
Thanks Meter 732
Quote:

i can't see why not, but first I would update my bootloaders to mjb. then do the tar and the modified ota.

Can you please share the link for the modified OTA file?

I am currently on the MJB bootloader.
If this is helpful or useful, please hit "Thanks" and its free

talkingmonkeys
Old
(Last edited by talkingmonkeys; 20th June 2014 at 07:39 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixzone View Post
Can you please share the link for the modified OTA file?

I am currently on the MJB bootloader.
Believe this is it. Found it looking through his AFH

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549454

Also 17 people flashed the ne4 bootloader/modem he posted. Any of you on here to report how that worked? I won't post the link to that in here to prevent anyone clicking it and having any problems from it. I also want to say be careful with the above link, not sure if thats what he means but it looks like it. Also the risk involved I would wait until morning when more people are on and let us know how the debrick.img worked aswell as if thats the right file or what other ways have worked for people.

I am uploading my debloated build thats pure att stock for me as a backup when I rebase my rom with it. I removed all hints of knox I could sniff out from it as well. Sitting at a nice 612 mb. Should be done when I wake up and get ready for work. Not sure I'll release it though but I at least got enough done that I can experiment with it staying on 4.3 bootloader and modem. Curious if that will work since ND8 worked for us on them just fine.

Forgot there is one small mod, Native 4way reboot thanks to cnexus and bilgerryan for fixing it up. I am assuming it will work just fine with this. Probably not the best idea but this is my personal backup and it will come in handy not having to install xposed to get it.

keithfrombm
Old
(Last edited by keithfrombm; 20th June 2014 at 08:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
enewman, rest easy, we're big boys just breaking our toys. But, why would you guys switch to the M8?! I can't stand its useless camera. Plus, look at the HTC One XL: flagship (loaded with problems) largely abandoned by HTC less than six months out. HTC would have to REALLY impress me to drag me back. Is it easier to root/mod? Anyways, I digress... I hope the debrick works. Lucky, I still have my One XL as a backup. :-\

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5139

DONATE TO ME
Hey guys, I may have missed it while playing catch up, but if not, this will help those who have bricked and need the 4.4.2 KK debrick.img.

Someone who has FULLY updated to the new build NE4 needs to flash the linked file via custom recovery. This will create a new debrick.img on your sdcard that you can then upload to help rescue the dead devices here. If the new debrick.img has already been found, disregard this.

T999_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_Debrick.zip

I know it says T999 in the file name, but it should work for the I747 just the same.

Hope it helps!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]