[Q] Unlock bootloader if Allowed=No for Z1C

Search This thread

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
Hi there,

I have a network unlocked Z1C which came from o2. The bootloader unlock allowed status is No but the phone is rooted. Is there anything I can do to this to unlock it? I feel like trying CM on it :)

Thanks!

I have searched for answers to this but no joy...

http://xdaforums.com/search.php?searchid=280903320
http://xdaforums.com/search.php?searchid=280903428

brilliant... ive got a z1c comping in the post today and the only reason im upgrading to it from the xperia m is so i can flash a custom kernel and get tweaking :(

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
I have a network unlocked Z1C which came from o2. The bootloader unlock allowed status is No but the phone is rooted. Is there anything I can do to this to unlock it? I feel like trying CM on it :)

If your bootloader unlock allowed status is no then you will most likely never be able to unlock that phones bootloader. I think your best bet is to contact O2 and tell them you want a phone on which the bootloader is unlockable, perhaps they can give you a special key to unlock the functionality, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Oh and don't try CM on it, it'll just bootloop and you'll have to use SUS or PC Companion to restore a working OS.

...actually there is one hope, but it requires dismantling the phone. There is a test-point behind the battery which might enable you to put the device into a mode where it'll accept a command allowing bootloader unlock. But again, high risk, not sure if it's actually possible, easier to just sell the phone and buy an unlockable one if you want to run CM. Maybe you could even return the device, how long have you had it?

Risingson

Nov 4, 2010
I have locked bootloader on EE in UK and have found that many of the tweaks I wanted can be achieved with Xposed modules. Give it a try but backup before you start.

Megani

May 25, 2015
Need a opinion by a dev

Hello there,

I was thinking about a test.
My problem is "Unlock bootloader allowed : no".

What could happen if i restore an other TA partition with "Unlock bootloader allowed : yes". I erase the old by a new one which unlockable. All i need is a TA partition build with a z1c which unlockable and the unlock code.

What do you think ?

Soory for my bad english

Last edited:

Megani

May 25, 2015
What is a ta partition, i don't understand.
A bootloader is like a bios on motherboard.
But it is locked by a code.

The bootloader is the same on each z1c no ?

Top Liked Posts