Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,133 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] stock contacts: multiple linked google accounts in "Myself"

Tip us?

LordHelmchen138
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] stock contacts: multiple linked google accounts in "Myself"

Greetings!

The "Myself" entry in my contacts has tons (could be around 20) links to the same google account (which is the only google account on the phone). This, appart from being unnecessary, slows editing the entry down to almost force-closing. Does anyone have an idea how to remove the duplicates?
Stock xperia 4.4 contacts app, in case it matters... Will gladly provide more details if you tell me what you need to know

Xaeons
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmchen138 View Post
Greetings!

The "Myself" entry in my contacts has tons (could be around 20) links to the same google account (which is the only google account on the phone). This, appart from being unnecessary, slows editing the entry down to almost force-closing. Does anyone have an idea how to remove the duplicates?
Stock xperia 4.4 contacts app, in case it matters... Will gladly provide more details if you tell me what you need to know
You can merge contacts through your browser and google.com/contacts. Or you can download an app in the play store to merge the contacts (like Contact+) Personally, I prefer the former as it gives me more options to select the difference between multiple duplicate contacts and either discard or merge them. Or you can merge them in bulk without checking.
Nexus 7 FLO 32gb
(Paranoid Android | Franco Kernel)
Nexus 4 16gb
(Paranoid Android | Franco Kernel)
Xperia Z1 Compact
(Sony Stock .108 4.4.4 | Sony Stock Kernel | Rooted | UB | GravityBox)

My warranty has long been void

LordHelmchen138
Old
(Last edited by LordHelmchen138; 20th June 2014 at 09:35 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm sorry, but you seem to have misunderstood my situation. This is not multiplie contacts, but multiple associated google accounts to the same contact:
In the contacts, there's the "Myself" entry. This looks normal on first sight, but when I go to edit it, there's one tab with the contacs information that is stored on the phone, and then there is tabs with the gmail address. The problem is that there's not one, but (I recounted) more like a hundred of them, all with the same info (mail address and name). There's a button to "Unlink contact", but apparently there being so many of them, using the button and clicking "Done" is too much work for the contacts app (not responding, I gave up after "wait"ing four times).

Going through google.com/contacts does not help, as I have moved all contacts to phone storage.
Contacts Optimizer does not detect the duplicate tabs, probably because they're not seperate contacts.
I will try contacts+ as per your reccomendation, though.

EDIT: nope, contacts+ dos not even display the "Myself" entry, so no chance to edit it through that one.
Tags
contacts, duplicate accounts, gmail