Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 42,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there an official Kitkat firmware with same battery life as Jelly Bean?

Tip us?

dvandyck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Is there an official Kitkat firmware with same battery life as Jelly Bean?

Hi all,

I am new here so I hope this is the correct place for this question.

I ordered the Z1c and expect it to be delivered any moment, I already went to most threads regarding KitKat on the Z1c.

For me, battery life is the main reason why I choose this phone. It appears that updating the firmware of Z1c to the current KitKat version results in a big loss in battery life (and apparently also quite some bugs). Of course, I would like to update but I am in doubt if the advantages of going to Kitkat makes up for the loss in battery life.

In that respect, I have the following questions:
- How bigg is the loss in battery life if I update to the current version (757 in Begium I think)?
- Which official build number of Kitkat has the best battery life?
- What are the main advantages of updating to KitKat?

Thanks in advance
Regards

Dries

zxz0O0
Old
Thanks Meter 1,249

DONATE TO ME
I'm on 757 firmware and I don't notice any big difference between KitKat and JellyBean battery life. I also didn't notice any bugs yet. However I am not constantly using my phone and usually get a bit more than 2 days of battery life.

martan1981
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I agree. There is a slight difference between 4.3 and 4.4, but it's not big. Most people won't even notice that. So I wouldn't worry about updating to 4.4.

dvandyck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Hi Zxz, Martan,

All questions evaporated with arrival of the phone: it came with KitKat 4.4.2 build 757 installed on it so keeping Jelly Bean is simply not an option.

Battery life seems very acceptable: I used about 25% toying with the phone, checking e-mail and downloading updates for some apps using WiFi yesterday evening. Over night, it lost only a few % in Stamina-mode including waking me up twice.

All in all, very happy with this phone. Runs very smooth and up to now, no bugs encountered. I expect to get several days out of it on a single charge and that was the aim from the start.

thanks for your replies

Dries