Phone Reset EVERYTHING after OTA Update

19th June 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

63 posts
I'm furious! I just updated the latest OTA update and when it booted up, the phone had factory reset itself, i lost everything i had and it doesn't even let me auto sync all my apps again. I had all my contacts organized in a very peculiar way and i lost HALF of them. I'm so pissed right now, what kind of service is this?
19th June 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

26 posts
Which room are you using? stock or custom? What is your find 7 model? X90??? What file system had your sdcard? Standard fat 32? Removing card and reboot doesn't help? Can you read your card with a card reader at your pc?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
19th June 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltan-X

Which room are you using? stock or custom? What is your find 7 model? X90??? What file system had your sdcard? Standard fat 32? Removing card and reboot doesn't help? Can you read your card with a card reader at your pc?

The sd card shows but to no avail. I was using the stock Color OS. I can't switch to a custom ROM as of now, i need my camera fully working.
19th June 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

26 posts
This sounds like your card is not formatted properly!?, maybe the filesystem is no more supported -I don't think so, maybe a virus, I'm not very sure about this. Can you check your sdcard at a pc with card reader? Is there relevant data on your card (better had there been) else try to format it! Sounds not like a normal error, recommend you post this bug in official oppo forum!

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

What do you mean with, the sdcard shows but to no avail?

20th June 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #5  
Flag Liverpool UK
Thanks Meter: 20

68 posts
More
Put your sd card in an adapter and put it in your PC and copy all files to a folder on the PC (you should be able to mount it OK)

Format the SD card (back in the phone) and mount it via USB or adapter

Copy the contents of the folder on the PC back to the phone, reboot and install your apps again. Most settings from previous apps will be present (mine were including sygic) and the important stuff

Install 'purchased apps' from the play store and install any you have forgotten about.

Use the built in backup program on your phone to make a backup.

This is the best I can offer and should guarantee no further loss, or at least make it easier to restore in the future
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Find 7 and 7a Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank