Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,473 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Thinking of switching from my Nexus 5 to G2...thoughts?

Tip us?

rancur3p1c
Old
(Last edited by rancur3p1c; 20th June 2014 at 06:10 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkFuX666 View Post
This is exactly the same dilemma im stuck in... should i move from the N5 to the G2, but my concerns are, which variants will run on Tmobiles LTE network. Also, is there a way to change the back plate or somthing to get wireless charging on it?
I've investigated it heavily.
Don't get international lacks LTE bands that you need to buy the AT&T or T-Mobile version is going to work best for your phone needs to be compatible with LTE band 2, 4, 17 ways to explain these are the sources for what I found is the best way to ensure compatibility:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_G2#Model_variants
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Mobil...spectrum_chart

I too want the Wireless Charging station I just bought for my Nexus 5 charges at 1A and seems to be fast enough that I'm going to try "opportunisticly charging" as Brian Klug and Anand called it and just deal with the cooked battery in 2 years I'll buy another one that will run only $10 anyways it doesn't really make sense to worry about nuking it is cheap to replace.

So that means just leave it on Qi wireless charger at PC all the time and use MightyText for texting and you could run an FTP server if you want on the phone for nabbing files is easy enough and might be good enough for me and even for your having 100% any time you leave your workstation/home setup is nice try to help you find a solution.

But I like the community here feels cozy.

it's a fun puzzle to solve how to write this way is more exciting for thank you for reading as it is for me
The Following User Says Thank You to rancur3p1c For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timlad
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancur3p1c View Post
I've investigated it heavily.
Don't get international lacks LTE bands that you need to buy the AT&T or T-Mobile version is going to work best for your phone needs to be compatible with LTE band 2, 4, 17 ways to explain these are the sources for what I found is the best way to ensure compatibility:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_G2#Model_variants
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Mobil...spectrum_chart

I too want the Wireless Charging station I just bought for my Nexus 5 charges at 1A and seems to be fast enough that I'm going to try "opportunisticly charging" as Brian Klug and Anand called it and just deal with the cooked battery in 2 years I'll buy another one that will run only $10 anyways it doesn't really make sense to worry about nuking it is cheap to replace.

So that means just leave it on Qi wireless charger at PC all the time and use MightyText for texting and you could run an FTP server if you want on the phone for nabbing files is easy enough and might be good enough for me and even for your having 100% any time you leave your workstation/home setup is nice try to help you find a solution.

But I like the community here feels cozy.

it's a fun puzzle to solve how to write this way is more exciting for thank you for reading as it is for me
Interesting info thanks, on a side note reading that page on my D802 i will not get LTE when i`m in the USA well maybe sprint on 800

BTW i skipped the N5 and went frm N4 to LGG2