Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Help with possible hard brick

OP jbomba

19th June 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
Hi guys i think my galaxy s4 may be hard bricked. i took my phone out of my pocket today to find it completely dead. The phone is rooted and was running jamals 4.3 ge rom. The only explanation i have is that i bumped it in my pocket and it somehow installed the ota update for the google edition phone. very unlucky i know but i cant think of any other explanation apart from hardware failure. When i try to power the phone now i get a flash of green across the screen and the phone vibrates. i then get a solid blue led in the corner. Ive hooked the phone up to the computer and odin recognises it as com5 and blue. ive checked device manager and windows recognises it under portable devices as jussa sam (my phone) i am unable to get the phone into download mode its completely dead apart from a blue led. Any suggestions? ive ordered a usb jig to see if i can force it into download mode. When plugged into the charger the phone is getting very hot.
19th June 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 42

126 posts
More
If the screen goes on, you can repair it.
Put out battery and put it in again.

vol down+home+power button

That must work with odin.
If not try with kies.
19th June 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 313

1,971 posts
My guess is that you have a hardware failure. It's almost impossible to brick it in the way you descriped. You just got unlucky. Nothing you can do that will fix it.
19th June 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #4  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 42

126 posts
More
looks like you killed your bootloader. And so the regulation of charching and booting

try kies. if that not works, deinstall the driver from your phone.
restart computer and plug in your phone.
Look what driver will be installed
20th June 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 38

363 posts
The OTA would not install on a rooted phone, it would fail during the process and revert back to normal booting.
20th June 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
Convinced its hardware fault nw. Will put it in to Samsung for warranty hoping they won't be able to tell it's rooted. Pic of screen in link http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps619f1980.jpg
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread