Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Thermald

Tip us?

Johndoe12358
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Thermald

I have a rooted nexus 7 2013 wifi and I am trying to update to 4.4.3. I had the elementalx kernel installed but reflashed with stock. I also have stock rom. When I try to flash the update it says that thermald has unexpected contents. Can someone please provide a stock copy of that file so I can try to update. I am trying to update because I do not want to wipe my entire tablet.

mdamaged
Old
(Last edited by mdamaged; 17th June 2014 at 02:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 913

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndoe12358 View Post
I have a rooted nexus 7 2013 wifi and I am trying to update to 4.4.3. I had the elementalx kernel installed but reflashed with stock. I also have stock rom. When I try to flash the update it says that thermald has unexpected contents. Can someone please provide a stock copy of that file so I can try to update. I am trying to update because I do not want to wipe my entire tablet.
Just flash the stock system.img. It does not wipe any data, you just have to reroot it after you get updated.

You can get the factory image from here. Then just unzip it, inside you'll find a second zip, unzip that, and in that you will find system.img.
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.

The Following User Says Thank You to mdamaged For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Johndoe12358
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I just tried this and it works. Thanks! I am glad I did not have to reload my entire tablet.