Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Thermald

OP Johndoe12358

17th June 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have a rooted nexus 7 2013 wifi and I am trying to update to 4.4.3. I had the elementalx kernel installed but reflashed with stock. I also have stock rom. When I try to flash the update it says that thermald has unexpected contents. Can someone please provide a stock copy of that file so I can try to update. I am trying to update because I do not want to wipe my entire tablet.
17th June 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,046

1,623 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndoe12358

I have a rooted nexus 7 2013 wifi and I am trying to update to 4.4.3. I had the elementalx kernel installed but reflashed with stock. I also have stock rom. When I try to flash the update it says that thermald has unexpected contents. Can someone please provide a stock copy of that file so I can try to update. I am trying to update because I do not want to wipe my entire tablet.

Just flash the stock system.img. It does not wipe any data, you just have to reroot it after you get updated.

You can get the factory image from here. Then just unzip it, inside you'll find a second zip, unzip that, and in that you will find system.img.
Last edited by mdamaged; 17th June 2014 at 03:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdamaged For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I just tried this and it works. Thanks! I am glad I did not have to reload my entire tablet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread