[FIXED] Problem on partitioning SD with Link2SD on LwW

OP libels00

20th June 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
Hello, I just rooted my LwW last week into 4.1.B.0.587, using the rooting process from this forum.
Because mainly I rooted my phone because I want to make more internal, I partitioining my SD Card. It's Class 4 and having 16GB size.
The problem is, after I've partitioned my card using MiniTool (into 10GB of External FAT32, 4GB of Internal Ext4, and the rest about 400MB of Linux Swap) and have put it to my phone, when I open Link2SD and chose Ext4, it said:
Mount script error
Mount script cannot be created.
mount: No such device
Can anyone help me about this? Oh and I want to ask, is it okay if I didn't use the Linux Swap?

Fixed:
Changing the Ext4 into Ext2.
Last edited by libels00; 23rd June 2014 at 01:38 AM.
20th June 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bogor, My Old-Skool Home
Thanks Meter: 32

82 posts
More
Try to reboot after error message ecountered. That problem should be solved. Maybe there was a system mistakes when Link2SD trying to make a script. Or you can choose Ext2.
Ps: for Linux swap, it's just as you desire, actually it's not needed. The Linux Swap can be useful for you if you have the swapper app, you need to configure how much free RAM treshold needed in other to keeping some free virtual space on RAM [correct me if I'm wrong [emoji14]] (but maybe after you reboot, you will noticed your phone becomes laggy for severall second *based on my experience [emoji12])
Last edited by Bitterballen; 20th June 2014 at 12:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bitterballen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread