Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,752 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help please accessing download mode

Tip us?

callaghan4766
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help please accessing download mode

I am having trouble accessing download mode on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195). I have tried and re-tried the vol down + home key + power to no avail. I am starting to think I might have a fake, but its locked to O2 network in the UK. surely a fake would be unlocked? also I have tried a few apps genuine Samsung app and cpu-z both say the phone in a genuine Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195). I run the imei number and all looks legit there also.

I can access the recovery node via vol up + home + power. but no download mode. the volume key works fine as well.
can't post link to cpu-z validator but added a attachment of image if that helps

I am at a loss and would appreciate any idea's or suggestions please. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CPU Z Android Validator Beta 0.1.png
Views:	46
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	2802436  

TNCS
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by callaghan4766 View Post
I am having trouble accessing download mode on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195). I have tried and re-tried the vol down + home key + power to no avail. I am starting to think I might have a fake, but its locked to O2 network in the UK. surely a fake would be unlocked? also I have tried a few apps genuine Samsung app and cpu-z both say the phone in a genuine Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195). I run the imei number and all looks legit there also.

I can access the recovery node via vol up + home + power. but no download mode. the volume key works fine as well.
can't post link to cpu-z validator but added a attachment of image if that helps

I am at a loss and would appreciate any idea's or suggestions please. Thank you.
From the screen shot, the phone looks legit. Plus you can access recovery mode, so I don't think it fake. I also had a friend that has a genuine S4 mini bought out of carrier contract and cannot access download mode...
The Following User Says Thank You to TNCS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aronuser
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:

you probably can access download mode by an usb jig
Please click the thanks button under my post if you considered my post useful! Thank you.

If you like to become a friend of me to discuss the S4 mini I9195, feel free to contact me!
The Following User Says Thank You to Aronuser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

R_a_z_v_a_n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1646
Quote:
You have stock firmware without any mod or root?
The Following User Says Thank You to R_a_z_v_a_n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

callaghan4766
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you all for your help, Great news that the phone looks legit, and I have bought a jig, hopefully that will help.
And as far as I can tell the phone is stock, I tried app is my phone rooted, and it came back false. so looks like that confirms its stock.

Again thanks for help and hopefully the jig will enable download mode. will keep you updated.

callaghan4766
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Jig worked

Quote:
Thank you all for your help, Great news that the phone looks legit, and I have bought a jig, hopefully that will help.
And as far as I can tell the phone is stock, I tried app is my phone rooted, and it came back false. so looks like that confirms its stock.

Again thanks for help and hopefully the jig will enable download mode. will keep you updated.
UPDATED Managed to access download mode with a jig I bought of ebay 1.99 . thank you all