firmware difference 337m?

15th June 2014, 05:16 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 108

More
does anybody knows what's the difference between
I337MVLUFNE1 and I337MVLUFNC1?
did they attached knox? is it safe to upgrade?
any thoughts much appreciated.
thanks

17th June 2014, 01:34 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbnion

thanks

I installed in mine the I337MVLUFNE1, but it hhas all the bloatware from Bell. (And I didn't see the knox, but when I rooted my device the SU told me that I have it, but it disable knox)

Really think that the difference between FNE1 and FNC1 is the free-bloatware and the kies one (wth it), because in samfirmware says it doesnt have kies.

I'm searching for a reason too, but I don't know if that's the real difference, im just guessing.

My S4 company is TELCEL (MX) i337m, and running a rooted Canada Bell (black edition) (FNE1). haven't tried the FNC1

PS Sorry for my english
The Following User Says Thank You to Krpdi3m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2014, 03:09 AM |#3  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 30

More
hi there,

I believe the last few letters refer to the baseband. and yes it most certainly will have the insidious knox

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to The French Tickl3r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 03:54 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krpdi3m

I installed in mine the I337MVLUFNE1, but it hhas all the bloatware from Bell. (And I didn't see the knox, but when I rooted my device the SU told me that I have it, but it disable knox)

Really think that the difference between FNE1 and FNC1 is the free-bloatware and the kies one (wth it), because in samfirmware says it doesnt have kies.

I'm searching for a reason too, but I don't know if that's the real difference, im just guessing.

My S4 company is TELCEL (MX) i337m, and running a rooted Canada Bell (black edition) (FNE1). haven't tried the FNC1

PS Sorry for my english

Quote:
Originally Posted by The French Tickl3r

hi there,

I believe the last few letters refer to the baseband. and yes it most certainly will have the insidious knox

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

thanks a lot guys, I know Rogers has knox for sure I was curious about fido and if it's worth upgrading but still nota straight answer...
20th June 2014, 01:03 PM |#5  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

thanks a lot guys, I know Rogers has knox for sure I was curious about fido and if it's worth upgrading but still nota straight answer...

hello,

what I did with my S4 is to flash the NC1 modem while still on 4.2.2, then I installed a custom ROM based on kitkat. this way you can have the latest android OS while keeping away from all the #@!# that comes with official releases.

this is where I found all the information I needed to get things done: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2687289

good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread