Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is there an official dock for Galaxy S4?

OP RowanDDR

13th June 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

150 posts
Is there an official dock for the Galaxy S4? I bought one from ebay that was quoted as being official Samsung for Galaxy S4, but I received it today and the box says Galaxy S3. Yes the S4 fits in it and charges, but the fit does not seem 100% snug.. you have to sort of put the S4 in at slight angle instead of being able to just drop it into the dock, and although secure, it doesn't look like a particularly snug fit when sat in the dock.

Was I mislead or is this as good as it gets for an official S4 dock?

Here is the one I received:
http://i.snag.gy/8oePo.jpg

Thank you all in advance!

A good sticky for the S4 Accessories sub forum would be a list of all official accessories..no? Lets start one!!
20th June 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

150 posts
Info 2
To answer my own question, I contacted Samsung and they have advised me as follows:

Quote:

I have provided you with a link below to a multi-purpose dock in which you could use for you Samsung Galaxy S4.

Samsung S4 Dock

There is not an official dock for this model of device.

I hope this information was helpful, if you have any questions please contact me or call the number below.

My response to them was as follows:

Quote:

WOW. I cannot believe Samsung did not make a dock for the Galaxy S4. I mean...... really? It sold over 40 million units so you might have missed a trick there? 40 million missed users who might have bought your dock?

I have bought the dock that you recommend already, but I returned it for a refund the same day because in my opinion it is NOT compatible with the Galaxy S4 because of a few reasons: firstly, the S4 does not fit snugly into the dock - you cannot slide the phone in along the incline of the back of the dock, you need to tilt it forward which is annoying. There is no click or "feel" to let you know once the phone is fully inserted which leaves you guessing if you have pushed it in properly or not. And lastly, the dock is too light which means you cannot remove the Galaxy S4 from the dock singled handed - instead you have to use one hand to hold the dock down on the surface and the other hand the remove the dock. Overall it is not a pleasing experience.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread