Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

dead radio. fixable?

Tip us?

severedevil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default dead radio. fixable?

This issue started when flashing from viper 1.3.5 to 4.1.0. My dl speeds are .2mb to 8mb down and upload .2mb to nothing. My mobile data is not always connected but it always shows 4g lte. My wife has 25mb down 22mb up next to me in her gs4 non rooted. I've flashed sense 4 RUU stock and sense 5 RUU. along with the alternate sense 5 flashable zips via fastboot. I have also relocked my phone and can't reunlock. I used to have a bad WiFi signal but somehow flashing stock ruu fixed my WiFi speeds. I have redownloaded bot sense 4 and 5ruu twice and have done them twice and factory reset before and after each flash with still no success of fixing my "corrupt radio" files. I have a droid razr that's rooted I was on and I also noticed horrible network speeds. I have followed all guides while rooting. I always do a clean flash. I'm not spending any extra money for a new phone. If this can't be fixed them I'm stuck with it for 2months till I get my upgrade and can get a new phone. If this may be a hardware issue how can I replace my radio? Sorry for the essay. Thanks in advance for any help.

Swantexan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by severedevil View Post
This issue started when flashing from viper 1.3.5 to 4.1.0. My dl speeds are .2mb to 8mb down and upload .2mb to nothing. My mobile data is not always connected but it always shows 4g lte. My wife has 25mb down 22mb up next to me in her gs4 non rooted. I've flashed sense 4 RUU stock and sense 5 RUU. along with the alternate sense 5 flashable zips via fastboot. I have also relocked my phone and can't reunlock. I used to have a bad WiFi signal but somehow flashing stock ruu fixed my WiFi speeds. I have redownloaded bot sense 4 and 5ruu twice and have done them twice and factory reset before and after each flash with still no success of fixing my "corrupt radio" files. I have a droid razr that's rooted I was on and I also noticed horrible network speeds. I have followed all guides while rooting. I always do a clean flash. I'm not spending any extra money for a new phone. If this can't be fixed them I'm stuck with it for 2months till I get my upgrade and can get a new phone. If this may be a hardware issue how can I replace my radio? Sorry for the essay. Thanks in advance for any help.
What firmware and baseband version does your phone say its on?

severedevil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
monarudo pvt ship s-off rh
cid-vzw_001
hboot- 1.57.0000
radio-1.02.01.0207
opendsp- v12.120.274.0909
os-4.09.605.1
emmc-boot 2048mb

biggiesmalls657
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
RUU back to stock or flash a stock based rom and hboot and radio firmware.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app

severedevil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiesmalls657 View Post
RUU back to stock or flash a stock based rom and hboot and radio firmware.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app
i have. didnt fix anything, i have tried both RUU sense 4 and RUU sense 5 and also alternate RUU sense 5. and yes i preformed factory reset after.

coolgare
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
i have. didnt fix anything, i have tried both RUU sense 4 and RUU sense 5 and also alternate RUU sense 5. and yes i preformed factory reset after.
I was experiencing similar issues. In short, Verizon ended up replacing my phone with a refurb that is working much better than the original.

You may want to try flashing a different radio - see d08speed3's post here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2740450
a little more than halfway down, It contains links for flashable radios (unfortunately this did not resolve my issue).

"NEVER flash the same radio on top of each other"