Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Bricked build.prop

OP gbrethen

19th June 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
I had edited my build.prop file in /system and now phone is stuck. I have stock nc1 with root. I can get to download mode or stock recovery. Is there any way to adb sideload a proper build.prop file? or is there a way to flash from sd card?
19th June 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,798
 
10,873 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Do you have safestrap and did you make a backup before changing the build.prop? If so just restore it. If not Odin is going to be your friend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
19th June 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Do you have safestrap and did you make a backup before changing the build.prop? If so just restore it. If not Odin is going to be your friend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

No, I didn't make a backup.

What steps do I need to take?
19th June 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #4  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,798
 
10,873 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrethen

No, I didn't make a backup.

What steps do I need to take?

Did you use towelroot?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53483383

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by jd1639; 19th June 2014 at 11:02 PM.
20th June 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Did you use towelroot?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53483383

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes, I did use towelroot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes