Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 3 AT&T Safestrap Partition Troubles

Tip us?

isharted
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmead2 View Post
Im Having the same issue I cant install ANY rom they all say
E:unable to mount '/system
E:unable to mount '/systemorig

Please help!?!?
i have this issue on my stock slot in safestrap. i don't think it's even able to wipe /system. for some reason, it can't touch /system at all.

i'm googling around and came across this thread. i'll post again if i am able to find a resolution.

Rukbat
Old
Thanks Meter 44
If nothing else works, go back to MJ5 (link on page 1).

If that fails, bring the phone to an AT&T Device Support Center. What will most likely happen is that they'll try to reflash it, fail and replace the phone. (If evilpotatoman's MJ5 restore fails, it's usually a bad motherboard.)

CPT Crunch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by isharted View Post
i have this issue on my stock slot in safestrap. i don't think it's even able to wipe /system. for some reason, it can't touch /system at all.

i'm googling around and came across this thread. i'll post again if i am able to find a resolution.
I have the same problem! I achieved root yesterday (finally) and tried to install the Firenote rom. It wouldn't take, so I restored my backup to try again. But when I tried again, it wouldn't mount E:. It wouldn't even allow me to restore backup. It failed to mount every time in stock slot. Eventually, it wouldn't even let me create a slot at all!

Out of desperation, I entered recovery and wiped data, and when I booted into safestrap again, I was able to create a slot, where I installed Alliance KK to have a functioning phone. Wifi works, although it's buggy (wifi doesn't work on Dynamic 3.2). So I'm stuck.

I tried downloading safestrap again and uninstalling/installing it, hoping that would work, but it didn't. The only thing I can think of that I did wrong was that I took the micro SD card out a few times while in safestrap without properly ejecting it, but I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

tylerholbrook
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Crunch View Post
I have the same problem! I achieved root yesterday (finally) and tried to install the Firenote rom. It wouldn't take, so I restored my backup to try again. But when I tried again, it wouldn't mount E:. It wouldn't even allow me to restore backup. It failed to mount every time in stock slot. Eventually, it wouldn't even let me create a slot at all!

Out of desperation, I entered recovery and wiped data, and when I booted into safestrap again, I was able to create a slot, where I installed Alliance KK to have a functioning phone. Wifi works, although it's buggy (wifi doesn't work on Dynamic 3.2). So I'm stuck.

I tried downloading safestrap again and uninstalling/installing it, hoping that would work, but it didn't. The only thing I can think of that I did wrong was that I took the micro SD card out a few times while in safestrap without properly ejecting it, but I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.
Yo fire rom is mj5, read up before you go flash happy. You can't go back to 4.3 once you are on 4.4 with the 4.4 bootloader...

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to tylerholbrook For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CPT Crunch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerholbrook View Post
Yo fire rom is mj5, read up before you go flash happy. You can't go back to 4.3 once you are on 4.4 with the 4.4 bootloader...

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
Doh! Sorry! That explains a lot.Would that have screwed up my stock slot in safestrap?

CPT Crunch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by isharted View Post

I had this same problem until yesterday, I followed the instructions found here . I was able to restore my phone back to KK goodness, root, install busybox and safestrap, then flash a rom to my (previously untouchable) root slot. It worked perfectly
The Following User Says Thank You to CPT Crunch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]