Need Some Help Replacing a Lost Folder

OP rvvcuda

4th June 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I am new to Android and recently bought a Tab2 10.1 (SCH-I915). It is rooted and I deleted the system/etc/kies folder thinking it was remnants of the stand alone Kies program that I found out is not compatible with my device after having installed it. Now I have the same problem as others with internal memory showing up as /mnt/mmc/Downloaded Data. when connected to and viewed on PC. Can someone send me a copy of the system/etc/kies folder on a SCH-I915 so I can replace it?

I looked for a stock firmware for this tablet and can not find one to extract the folder from. I tried the firmware for a SCH-I925 but the folder contains different files and does not correct the problem.

I also did a factory reset but that did not replace/re-install the folder. It needs to be from a SCH-I915 with JB 4.1.2 model I suppose, Please help, If you have a SCH-I915 and could copy the entire folder and send it as an email attachment or .zip/.rar or if someone has found a place to download the SCH-I915 firmware I can extract it myself......

Started a new thread as the old one was over 6 months old. Found this as a solution posted on the old thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zVeRoBoY View Post
Hello! Wipe didn't help me in this situation, but I found another way. You need to copy the folder "kies"(system/etc) from the official firmware.

Thanks for your time
18th June 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Thanks For All The Help
Is anyone home at this site? The lack of help here is Astounding. I ended up taking my working tab2 10.1 to a Samsung Specialty Store where they proceeded to brick the device by installing the wrong software/firware version on it. That has turned this into a warranty replacement issue now. SAMSUNG BRICKS THEIR OWN DEVICE - OUTSTANDING! Maybe Apple is not all that bad after all???

Thanks for all the help
19th June 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 18

212 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvvcuda

Is anyone home at this site? The lack of help here is Astounding. I ended up taking my working tab2 10.1 to a Samsung Specialty Store where they proceeded to brick the device by installing the wrong software/firware version on it. That has turned this into a warranty replacement issue now. SAMSUNG BRICKS THEIR OWN DEVICE - OUTSTANDING! Maybe Apple is not all that bad after all???

Thanks for all the help

Sorry couldn't be any help. This place is a ghost town with newer devices around.
20th June 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #4  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 408

641 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvvcuda

Thanks for all the help

There is little, if any support for your particular device. Sorry man, keep looking though!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread