Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,521 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] is there way to unlock other camera adjustments like Contrast or Sharpness ?

Tip us?

THE-COPS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Camera [Q] is there way to unlock other camera adjustments like Contrast or Sharpness ?

I noticed while using the camera that there are no controls for contrast, sharpness ..saturation etc. So I decided to download other camera apps and use those functions in them. The only problem is, those controls have no effect on the image. I can adjust them ...say...in Camera360 or lgcamera but nothing happens. I can tell they are not preset values in the apps because say for Contrast, in all apps the contrast shows a value of 5. It can be changed but nothing ever happens. Is there a way to unlock these settings in the kernel maybe? Has anyone messed with this? Im just so used to always having control over these functions on my HTC phones. It seem kind of silly to lock them out on an amazing phone like the GS4

THE-COPS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Bumpity....

Nobody knows anything huh?

klabit87
Old
Thanks Meter 169
I don't know about the third party apps but I know different options are available when you set the camera to different modes. Like in the beauty face mode the you can change iso

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
If I have helped please hit the thanks button!
------------------------------------------------------
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: [ROM] Eclipse S4 TW - v4.0.2 (6/25/14) - Real AOSP styling!! KitKat has arrived!!!
Recovery: [RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.71/v3.72 [2014-04-02 KK Beta]
Bootloader: MJ7

THE-COPS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by klabit87 View Post
I don't know about the third party apps but I know different options are available when you set the camera to different modes. Like in the beauty face mode the you can change iso

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
ISO is normally available in Auto mode as well as Exposure adjustments. But even in the Auto mode, there are none of the adjustments mentioned at the top of this thread. The only thing im really looking to control is contrast.....otherwise I have to edit most of my photos. The images are really good but because of the ultra high contrast preset in the camera, the whites/highlights get easily blown out.

THE-COPS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Ahh.. guess not
No biggie I guess. Im not complaining about this phone or camera. Just kinda wish it had access to those controls.
Tags
adjustment, camera, contrast, gs4, sharpness