Soft brick Need urgent help please SM-N900T

4th June 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Hello, I am somewhat new here this is going to be second post.
I installed CWM from rom manager a while ago on my rooted note 3 N900T it was on kitkat 4.4.2 then I tried rebooting into recovery mode and then it wouldn't go in it would keep restarting, then after I did a battery pull now I get: ( Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kids & try again)
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N900T
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
KNOX KEANEL LOCK: 0X0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0XL
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB) AP SWAREV: S2, T2, A2, A3, P2
WRITE PROTECTION: ENABLE
VDC START

So I tried connecting to kies it wouldn't detecting it would just say "connecting" I tried on my mac osX mavericks and also on VMWare windows 7.
I tried to download the stock firmware and flash it via odin to come back to stock and thought maybe that would fix it but it keeps giving me a error.
I have the usb drivers installed as it detects the device, I am sure I have downloaded the correct firmware for the phone.
this is the firmware I downloaded: N900TUVUCNB4_N900TTMBCNB4_N900TUVUCNB4_HOME.tar.md 5
I tried using odin 3.07 and 3.09 both and ran it as administrator.
I checked the "time reset" also the "auto reboot" as mentioned, I tried adding it in pa in 3.09 and pda in 3.07

This is the error I get while trying to flash the rom: <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..

<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N900TUVUCNB4_N900TTMBCNB4_N900TUVUCNB4_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/003> tz.mbn
<ID:0/003> sdi.mbn
<ID:0/003> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/003> Removed!!

Unfortunately that is what I get from odin sometimes it goes further down and then stops but most of the times i get this, I've tried using the original 3.0 usb cable with different usb ports and also another normal micro usb cable, both gives me the same error, I have tried to use JODIN as well on my mac but my device doesn't detect on that therefore i used my VMware windows 7 32bit. I tried that while I had kids installed on my computer and then I read that kies doesn't go well with odin so I uninstalled kies and tried again but no difference.
Could someone please help me out, I have been trying to fix this for 2 days I am a college student and I work part time, so it is very frustrating not to have a phone to use for work and college.
4th June 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 14

110 posts
More
Your complicating yourself (just saying) get samsung KIES!

follow step by step:
1. go to tools.
2. firmware upgrade and initialisation
3. then just follow the on screen step by step and you'll be back on stock
4. the just re-root if you'd like
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atlzonly89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlzonly89

Your complicating yourself (just saying) get samsung KIES!

follow step by step:
1. go to tools.
2. firmware upgrade and initialisation
3. then just follow the on screen step by step and you'll be back on stock
4. the just re-root if you'd like

THanks, I didn't try that though, the issue seems to be VMWARE, so I went ahead and un-installed it and downloaded and installed parallels desktop 9 on my mac and then went from there. Flashed the stock rom via odin 3.07 and boom it was successfully installed and now I'm back on stock rom thank god, but thanks a lot i'm pretty sure that would work too because then you enter your model# and S/N/ and install stock
20th June 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #4  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 14

110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malimt

THanks, I didn't try that though, the issue seems to be VMWARE, so I went ahead and un-installed it and downloaded and installed parallels desktop 9 on my mac and then went from there. Flashed the stock rom via odin 3.07 and boom it was successfully installed and now I'm back on stock rom thank god, but thanks a lot i'm pretty sure that would work too because then you enter your model# and S/N/ and install stock

Just to let you know,i think that was a lil too much work dont you think lol. could have just used KIES. lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread