Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is the Moto G 4.4.3 upgrade worth the effort?

Tip us?

grahamgo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Is the Moto G 4.4.3 upgrade worth the effort?

After some frustration, I finally was able to upgrade to 4.4.3 + added some xposed modules to provide some tweaks. But so far I really haven't noticed any benefits using 4.4.3 over the previous version, for me 4.4.2 ran really well. I have subsequently Googled to compare the actual changes and believe the updates probably don't really do much for me. I hope that I am wrong. I would appreciate some thoughts, perhaps to save others from wasting the time upgrade what appears to be a bug fix and perhaps to wait for a more significant upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

NWKENT
Old
Thanks Meter 468
I have ordered the 4G LTE model..should be here today according to FedEx site..anyhow..

The 4G LTE from what I have read comes with 4.4.3 which to me is not what I would prefer..for me it seems that KK is a downgrade at this point in its versions..maybe by the time it reaches KK 5.0 it'll make a difference and be pleasent and an actual upgrade..

Wish the new model came with 4.3

Sent from my 4.3_14.14.14
(Unlocked) XT1028 Moto G
http://waynekent.com/page6.html

liveroy
Old
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamgo View Post
After some frustration, I finally was able to upgrade to 4.4.3 + added some xposed modules to provide some tweaks. But so far I really haven't noticed any benefits using 4.4.3 over the previous version, for me 4.4.2 ran really well. I have subsequently Googled to compare the actual changes and believe the updates probably don't really do much for me. I hope that I am wrong. I would appreciate some thoughts, perhaps to save others from wasting the time upgrade what appears to be a bug fix and perhaps to wait for a more significant upgrade.

The benefits are at best marginal.I've decided that I wont be upgrading due to this and that there are quite a few bugs present in 4.4.3, that werent there in 4.4.2 ......
And yea, also the effort that it invloves is one of the biggest upgrade-breakers to me.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.

grahamgo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Yes, I see 4.4.4 is now out for Nexus devices. So this is possibly the fix for the bugs that are known to be in 4.4.3 (not that I have noticed them - yet). I bet that there is a new update coming out fairly soon!

medanny
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamgo View Post
Yes, I see 4.4.4 is now out for Nexus devices. So this is possibly the fix for the bugs that are known to be in 4.4.3 (not that I have noticed them - yet). I bet that there is a new update coming out fairly soon!

When was this release? Android updates come really quick..

enki1993
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by medanny View Post
When was this release? Android updates come really quick..
OTA Updates are out since yesterday night without any announce oO