Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Converted M8 to GPE restarting its self

Tip us?

tmulhearn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Converted M8 to GPE restarting its self

Guys,

Have a problem with my M8 and not sure what's the cause of it all. Its an M8 that's been converted to a GPE edition via: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708589.

Problem:

The phone keeps restarting randomly, comes on for about a minute and then restarts.

How it started:

Just received the phone back from HTC, I sent it in to get a loose speaker grill fixed. Up until then the phone has been fine on GPE (4.4.2). Prior to me sending it in, the phone had an unlocked boot loader, s-off, custom recovery and rooted.

I made HTC aware of the state of my phone as well as telling them that its an original M8 converted into a GPE version, They didn't have a problem with it and fixed the device under warranty. But on receiving the phone back, HTC have relocked the boot loader and put s-on back, its still rooted.

So first thing i did was unlock the boot loader which went smoothly, next up was firewater to get s-off back. That didn't worked as HTC has apparently patched the exploit so im still with s-on.

After that is where its all gone down hill , tried a nandroid backup, worked initially then the restart began. Did a factory reset and that seemed to work until I tried installing apps, and then the problem came back.

Does any one have any idea what might be the cause or solution? If i had s-off id re flash the RUU, but obviously cant do that.

Wickedd
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hey there,
I'm having exactly the same problem i dont have a google play edition but since yesterday Spotify crashed and my phone keeps rebooting. Now i want to try and install Viper to see if it will solve my problem but right now i am on stock rom.
OLD: Asus K53S / Desire HD / One X+

Current : Asus R700VJ / TF300T / One M8 <3

tmulhearn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedd View Post
Hey there,
I'm having exactly the same problem i dont have a google play edition but since yesterday Spotify crashed and my phone keeps rebooting. Now i want to try and install Viper to see if it will solve my problem but right now i am on stock rom.
Let me know how it goes

arDr0id
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The reason for the reboots is SuperSU v2.00

after updating SuperSU my phone gone completely crazy and keeps rebooting every 1 or 2 minutes, had to Disable the app and no problem so far

hope ChainFire fix it ASAP
The Following User Says Thank You to arDr0id For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wickedd
Old
(Last edited by Wickedd; 20th June 2014 at 11:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by arDr0id View Post
The reason for the reboots is SuperSU v2.00

after updating SuperSU my phone gone completely crazy and keeps rebooting every 1 or 2 minutes, had to Disable the app and no problem so far

hope ChainFire fix it ASAP
OH i was thinking about something like that, when i check my active processes Right before it reboots, SuperSu is on. I was just about to sideload viper, now i might try this for a sec !

Hang on

Edit : That works, SuperSu is screwed..

tmulhearn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedd View Post
OH i was thinking about something like that, when i check my active processes Right before it reboots, SuperSu is on. I was just about to sideload viper, now i might try this for a sec !

Hang on

Edit : That works, SuperSu is screwed..
im still on SU 1.94 were you on SU2.0 ?

Wickedd
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I was on version 2.0, any more questions ? I'm going to flash to Viper in a couple of moments

tmulhearn
Old
(Last edited by tmulhearn; 20th June 2014 at 05:11 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
You might be right, on SU 1.94 and no restarts. Trouble only happens if i get the latest version.