Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] White charger and cable with black Note

OP DavidLD

20th June 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Plug I hear ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLD

I purchased the SM-P600ZKVXAR (US version WiFi) from Amazon a couple weeks ago and something about it has been bugging me since: This is a black Note, but they sent me a white charger and cable in the package with it. (This was a new product in a sealed package, made in Vietnam; nothing different from the norm). It didn't bother me at first, but looking constantly at my little pile of phones, tablets, and cables on my counter, all black with the one exception of this white cable and charger, made me decide to send an email to Samsung.

Part of their response:
". . . According to Samsung, color of the accessories will be designed specifically depending upon the model of the unit. The model number which you have purchased will be bundled with contrast color accessories to the Tablet. . . ."

Well, this sounds like a bunch of BS to me but, before I pursue it further, I would like to know if this is the norm for this tablet. Has anyone else gotten one like this, or are they all black/black and white/white? If it is BS,I will pursue it with a vengeance.

Thanks for your input.

I too got a black tablet, but with the white charger and cable, I also got a bulky adapter for European countries, which is awkward to use in a standard US wall outlet. My tablet came from Singapore through eBay, but shouldn't they be color matched, as well as matched with the proper wall outlet? That was somewhat annoying, especially when the bulky adapter kept wanting to come loose from the plug in outlet. To make matters worse, I was stuck with Singapore time, until I got it changed when getting service through t-mobile. Maybe they should consider the customer first, and make the necessary changes in accordance with where the device will be sent and used. That would be nice, and show more consideration of the customer than just making another sale!
20th June 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 16

81 posts
So, it's Samsung's fault that you bought a tablet that was designed to be used in Singapore? Or are you blaming the eBay seller you purchased it from?

As for the OP, I can only speak for the XAR (US) versions of the tablet, but all of Samsung's current wifi-only tablets come with white chargers and cables regardless of the color of the tablet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread