Default [Q] Any way to access camera from lockscreen with PIN lock?

I have a Nexus 4, unrooted, stock, running Android 4.4.3. Is there any way to access the camera app from the lock-screen when using a PIN to lock the phone?

This is my personal phone, but my employer requires a PIN lock (with a very short timeout) in order to access my work exchange server. It is annoying to have to enter the pin each time I want to take a photo. Once the PIN lock has been enabled there is no way to access the camera or any widgets from the lock screen. All of the applicable settings are greyed out in the security settings menu.

I have done enough searches to know that this is not possible without rooting, but I am not clear on whether or not it is possible if I root the phone. If so, what is the easiest path to add a working camera icon to the lock screen?

When my phone updated to 4.4.3, for a few days there was a camera icon on the lock screen but it did not work. No amount of swiping, dragging, or tapping could get it to work. Then after a few days the camera icon just disappeared.

Thank for you help!