Default [POLL] Do you find Android MMS to be consistent?

Okay, so this is a question I've been wondering for awhile now. I've done a bit of researching to only notice that a lot of people have been having issues related to group MMS as well as picture MMS and most of the complaints come from Android users... I've been using Android ever since I've owned a smartphone and absolutely love it. I am in no way or shape a fan of any type of Apple products, so I am not here trying to get a rise out of anyone.

Anyway, I partake in several group text messages daily. Between class projects, work, and friends, I usually have a good 3-4 group messages going simultaneously. So I've had the luxury of dealing with this issue first hand. This may have something to do with the fact I have very poor service at my house but I don't think it should be impacting my use of group MMS that much.

I own a Nexus 5 on T-Mobile and use Google Hangouts.

Now, for the issue... It seems about every 5-6 MMS messages, one will appear in the respondents thread rather then the group message itself. It will let me know that there is a MMS ready to be downloaded. So I then proceed to click and download the message. It's very intermittent but on occasions, it will fail to download the message all together. In which case, I will never see that text the person sent unless I ask them specifically what was said. It's really quite annoying...

Granted, 90% of the time, all of the respondents are using an iPhone. And that's where my question comes in... Some have T-Mobile and never ever experience this problem on their iPhone's. My friend who also owns a Nexus 5 and is also part of the group messages says that he has experienced what I've been going through...

I've tried changing my APN settings with no avail. Matter of fact, I changed my APN settings and started getting group messages in this format: <No Subject> What's up guys?

To me, this is absolutely ridiculous. The technology has been around for awhile, so it's hard to see why it hasn't been perfected yet in Android. The other day, I was in a group MMS with 2 other friends. Both of them where chatting but I was only seeing messages from one person... As if he was talking to himself. They both have iPhones. So not only are they not downloading successfully but now I have no way of seeing if anyone even sent anything at all.

I remember being on Verizon with my Droid RAZR and also experienced this same exact issue with group MMS.

Any ideas?