Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

[Q] High Temperature detected powering off for protection

OP joaovictorssa

12th June 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Guys, excuse my English.

This week I bought 2 tablets Lg g Pad. One for me and one for my girlfriend

I think that mine is defective because it almost never gets past the test of Antutu. Always inform your tablet which will be shut down because of heat and it turns off automatically. The few times I managed to do the test, it registers 19 to 22mil points.

On the tablet of my girlfriend I can do this test and usually always score reaches 25,000 points, with little variation.

Someone already managed to fix this? I'll have to take it to rma?

Another recurring problem I'm having with my tablet is the message "Unfortunately, bluetooth has stopped" every time I open the TrackID app. Although I have tested bluetooth and is running smoothly.
12th June 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #2  
Flag Mid-Atlantic
Thanks Meter: 95

283 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaovictorssa

Guys, excuse my English.

I think that mine is defective because it almost never gets past the test of Antutu. Always inform your tablet which will be shut down because of heat and it turns off automatically. The few times I managed to do the test, it registers 19 to 22mil points.

On the tablet of my girlfriend I can do this test and usually always score reaches 25,000 points, with little variation.

Another recurring problem I'm having with my tablet is the message "Unfortunately, bluetooth has stopped" every time I open the TrackID app. Although I have tested bluetooth and is running smoothly.

I believe the overheating gpad should be rma'd or returned to the place of purchase and exchanged. Something is definitely wrong and of the few I have heard had overheating issues I have not heard of anyone fixing them themselves...
15th June 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 704

638 posts
There are different CPU bin's out there. You might have one that takes a higher voltage to hit max clocks. As it is I feel the Gpad runs very close to that software shutdown limit in my testing. I can't remember the number off the top of my head but the stock LG kernel thermal shutdown is like 95 or 97, the qualcomm hard shutdown is 120 I think. So it *is* possibly to fix by changing the kernel shutdown limit higher. I don't think that should be necessary though for the owner to do, that tablet should work with all 4 cores at 100% or you aren't getting what you paid for. You can see in your Antutu scores that yours is thermal throttling the CPU speed and STILL exceeding the limit sometimes.
15th June 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 26

147 posts
You can use Faux Clock to turn off thermal settings.
19th June 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #5  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaovictorssa

Guys, excuse my English.

I have absolutely same problems. Antutu test become my pad overheated and go to shutdown. I try to run Antutu without heat protection- same problem but shutdown without message on same place. Also I have some extra temperature while using Chrome or Opera and open a lot of bookmarks. Brightness lowering automatically due overheating and come back automatically then device become "normal" temp. I have 4.4.2 Rooted stock firmware. V50020a.
20th June 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #6  
Flag UAE - Abu Dhabi.
Thanks Meter: 49

409 posts
Donate to Me
More
to disable automatic lowering the brightness, use app from the play store called: "LGBrightnessPatcher", NO SPACE.

also can be used to other LG's devices...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jhon998 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #7  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhon998

to disable automatic lowering the brightness, use app from the play store called: "LGBrightnessPatcher", NO SPACE.

also can be used to other LG's devices...

Tnx, but that only solution for prevent brightness lowering not overheating problem.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread