Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 47,770 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][INTL]PseudoCream

Tip us?

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel212 View Post
Strephon,

As explained that the SSL Ciphers already applied in this ROM, How can I check it?
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC ROM | PseudoCream

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 413
Chainfire is having issues with SuperSU failing to update its binary on the new version released today in the Play Store. Set SuperSU to not automatically update and uninstall the update if the Play Store already has updated SuperSU.
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC ROM | PseudoCream

Noel212
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strephon Alkhalikoi View Post
Chainfire is having issues with SuperSU failing to update its binary on the new version released today in the Play Store. Set SuperSU to not automatically update and uninstall the update if the Play Store already has updated SuperSU.
Thank you for the info,..

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel212 View Post
Thank you for the info,..
No problem. In testing things, I took a nandroid backup and then installed the update via the Play Store, and then installing the update through StreakMod Recovery. Using the Play Store method, the binary genuinely does not get updated, which may lead people to think there's a problem with something other than the app. But when I used the flashable zip I still had the prompt to update the binary appear, despite installing the binary in the correct location (/system/xbin). With both installs, the binary still functioned, meaning it was still possible to grant root privileges to apps. Management though wasn't possible as that requires the APK.

Some users of later versions of Android are also have trouble, but on my tablet running ICS I had no problem with upgrading via the Play Store and converting to a system app. I'm sure Chainfire will get this fixed, and when he does I'll let everyone know.
Noob FAQ

Tags
cyanogenmod 7 based., dsc