[Q] long press, scrolling, tremors, accessibility?

OP Claghorn

19th June 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43

201 posts
If my finger is not absolutely rock steady, when I long press an item in a scrolled list, my Nexus 7 is infinitely more likely to decide I want to scroll the list than it is to decide I am long pressing the item to select it. Is there any way to force android to require a greater amount of movement from my finger before it decides I'm scrolling rather than long pressing? (Better yet, is there any way to convince developers to put check boxes on things to select them rather than making me $#@! long press? .
19th June 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,262

3,158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn

If my finger is not absolutely rock steady, when I long press an item in a scrolled list, my Nexus 7 is infinitely more likely to decide I want to scroll the list than it is to decide I am long pressing the item to select it. Is there any way to force android to require a greater amount of movement from my finger before it decides I'm scrolling rather than long pressing? (Better yet, is there any way to convince developers to put check boxes on things to select them rather than making me $#@! long press? .

Are you using a screen protector? If not, get one. The different texture will be better at "grabbing" your finger. I don't have a protector on mine, and that drives me crazy. My hands are pretty steady and it happens to me all the time. I could buy a protector... not sure why I don't.
20th June 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43

201 posts
Since no one has pointed me to any kind of setting for this, I figured I should add an issue for it. If you've ever had problems with this, perhaps you could add a star to:

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=72082
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread