Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 40,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] long press, scrolling, tremors, accessibility?

Tip us?

Claghorn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Default [Q] long press, scrolling, tremors, accessibility?

If my finger is not absolutely rock steady, when I long press an item in a scrolled list, my Nexus 7 is infinitely more likely to decide I want to scroll the list than it is to decide I am long pressing the item to select it. Is there any way to force android to require a greater amount of movement from my finger before it decides I'm scrolling rather than long pressing? (Better yet, is there any way to convince developers to put check boxes on things to select them rather than making me $#@! long press? .

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
If my finger is not absolutely rock steady, when I long press an item in a scrolled list, my Nexus 7 is infinitely more likely to decide I want to scroll the list than it is to decide I am long pressing the item to select it. Is there any way to force android to require a greater amount of movement from my finger before it decides I'm scrolling rather than long pressing? (Better yet, is there any way to convince developers to put check boxes on things to select them rather than making me $#@! long press? .
Are you using a screen protector? If not, get one. The different texture will be better at "grabbing" your finger. I don't have a protector on mine, and that drives me crazy. My hands are pretty steady and it happens to me all the time. I could buy a protector... not sure why I don't.

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: BaNkS

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

Claghorn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Since no one has pointed me to any kind of setting for this, I figured I should add an issue for it. If you've ever had problems with this, perhaps you could add a star to:

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=72082