Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck on lockscreen - androidui has stopped

Tip us?

a.monteiro
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrictimes View Post
Good detective work, I now remember updating the Flipboard app w/ bunch of others as well when things were still all good. Could this be remedied if Flipboard would manage to push a working update? I really don't wanna wipe everything, and I'm not sure I can.
Fortunately i had my photos on the cloud but everything else is gone, a real annoyance but I couldn't wait much longer, I need a backup app now, any suggestions? I'm still within warranty so i don't want to root my phone.
Moto G 16GB - XT 1033/ Samsung Galaxy Siii mini - GT i8190L / Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - es209ra

a.monteiro
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrictimes View Post
Word from Flipboard (via Twitter):

"Flipboard does not support the experimental OS ART at this time."
sounds like an evasive response to avoid trouble, the app worked fine with ART enabled before, and i don't remember any other apps that weren't compatible breaking the entire OS

I've noticed that my system went back to Dalvik after the reset, maybe that's why flipboard updated fine. I'll leave it like that for now, don't wanna risk this happening again until ART is an official thing.
Moto G 16GB - XT 1033/ Samsung Galaxy Siii mini - GT i8190L / Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - es209ra

PALMPIL0T
Old
Thanks Meter 1
How about options with TWRP ADB Sideload?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...e-zip-t2673457

ryan95
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there a way I can recover my data? Anyone mind pointing to the right thread??

electrictimes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm still trying to find ways to keep my data, too...

What I have tried (and didn't work): booted my phone in safe mode many times in a row and managed to gain access very briefly. Enough time to uninstall Flipboard, but it didn't help. Now I'm just stuck in the same situation as before...really weird.

electrictimes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
If anyone is still stuck with this, change ART -> Dalvik with the instructions here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...my-moto-g.html

a.monteiro
Old
Thanks Meter 67
does anyone that went through this issue had problems with the 4.4.3 update? i've tryed to install the update without sucess several times, guess i'll need to download the firmware myself and install it manually :/ sadly i can''t find the 210.12.32.en.BR brazilian version anywhere yet

kailash9999
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Had same issue.

Tried switching from Dalvik to ART from developer tools options and I started experiencing the same issue after rebooting into ART.

com.android.system.ui crash error, Lock Screen loop, could not get past the settings screen while trying to tap on the screen in the milli second window the phone responds after unlocking even after multitude times, and yes I had flipboard installing on my phone.

Fortunately for me, had G-Cloud backup and Air Droid installed, logged into both from my PC took a backup of all items on the phone and did a Factory Reset to bring it out of the ventilator

So for those of you who are asking for ways to backup, you get lucky if you have airdroid installed on your phone prior to this episode, if you count yourselves as the lucky ones then simply login to airdroid website and access your phone through your Wi-Fi (make sure both are connected in LAN mode to the same network) and download your data from there on.

Also don't try removing flipboard from an external source, your phone will simply do a reboot and you are back to square one again.

Since there is news of Dalvik being dumped for ART, its high time they come up with a solution for the future of the phone.