Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 40,178 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my phone bricked?

Tip us?
 
Zarkopafilis
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default [Q] Is my phone bricked?

-A random day I rooted my lg optimus l3
-I installed clockwork mod recovery
-A message for a new update in software appears an year later
-I hit yes
-Downloading, installing(rebooting etc...)
-Upon boot the screen went white (thats how e 400 crashes) and Im stuck in recovery mode.

Am i bricked?
Anyway I performed a cache wipe and tried to install cm. It didnt work. I am now trying to install the stock rom.
 
pandian8552
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 70
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: coimbatore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkopafilis View Post
-A random day I rooted my lg optimus l3
-I installed clockwork mod recovery
-A message for a new update in software appears an year later
-I hit yes
-Downloading, installing(rebooting etc...)
-Upon boot the screen went white (thats how e 400 crashes) and Im stuck in recovery mode.

Am i bricked?
Anyway I performed a cache wipe and tried to install cm. It didnt work. I am now trying to install the stock rom.
Yeah your phone is bricked
Read the instructions for how to root your phone successfully
Follow the steps carefully
If you have again problem then contact your handset's developer

Or if you want to root only then try Framaroot.apk

Hit THANKS if I helped you
 
bweN diorD
Old
#3  
bweN diorD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 433
Posts: 1,023
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkopafilis View Post
-A random day I rooted my lg optimus l3
-I installed clockwork mod recovery
-A message for a new update in software appears an year later
-I hit yes
-Downloading, installing(rebooting etc...)
-Upon boot the screen went white (thats how e 400 crashes) and Im stuck in recovery mode.

Am i bricked?
Anyway I performed a cache wipe and tried to install cm. It didnt work. I am now trying to install the stock rom.
You can't take ota updates with a custom recovery installed.
You likely need to flash back to stock as you stated.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks
 
Zarkopafilis
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
You can't take ota updates with a custom recovery installed.
You likely need to flash back to stock as you stated.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandian8552 View Post
Yeah your phone is bricked
Read the instructions for how to root your phone successfully
Follow the steps carefully
If you have again problem then contact your handset's developer

Or if you want to root only then try Framaroot.apk

Hit THANKS if I helped you
Oh okay then. I tried a full wipe and then reflash a stock rom i found on the forum , nothing worked.....I tried cm too....nothing,,,
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes