Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 42,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Restoring Backups

Tip us?

bstangs1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default Restoring Backups

Question: When I try to restore my backup it goes thru the process but when it gets to the part when it says Restoring extsd card or sd card it freezes at that point and doesn't go any further even the time(clock) stops working. Any ideas or suggestions.
Rooted
Stock 4.4.2. Here's some screenshots of my system. Thanks for any help or feedback.

SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 4.4 ROOTED BAD @$$ PHONE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403179735223.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	2806697   Click image for larger version

Name:	1403179759020.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	2806698  
Sent from my WICKED PISSAH X Rooted Galaxy S3 all the way from South "SOUTHIE" Boston.

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstangs1 View Post
Question: When I try to restore my backup it goes thru the process but when it gets to the part when it says Restoring extsd card or sd card it freezes at that point and doesn't go any further even the time(clock) stops working. Any ideas or suggestions.
Rooted
Stock 4.4.2. Here's some screenshots of my system. Thanks for any help or feedback.

Hi! Sorry if this stupid since I don't know your level of knowledge, but do you actually use a special partition on your SD card? If you didn't partition it then it would be no.

Either way try a custom restore and unchecked SD-Ext so it doesn't try to restore it and see if that helps.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bstangs1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
I don't remember doing anything to the sd card but I'll try the custom recovery option and see if that works, thanks.

Sent from my WICKED PISSAH X Rooted Galaxy S3 all the way from South "SOUTHIE" Boston.
The Following User Says Thank You to bstangs1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstangs1 View Post
I don't remember doing anything to the sd card but I'll try the custom recovery option and see if that works, thanks.
You're welcome, hopefully it's that simple.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.