Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,405 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dell Venue 7 Navigation inop!

Tip us?

zilver31
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Dell Venue 7 Navigation inop!

Hey all, this is my first post on this forum. I bought a Dell Venue 7 for a tablet install into my vehicle to replace the radio. The tablet is in and everything is working but the navigation! When I try to input my route, google maps just sits in a constant "searching for location" state! I've searched this site and googled a ton and can't return any solution. I've checked the location services and tried my luck with some apps promising to fix gps location service, but no luck. The tablet is stock 4.4. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

dave_speed
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Test your GPS : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....gpstest&hl=de

zilver31
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tested it using the app. It is only able to see one satellite at best. I downloaded "tetherGPS" and it is able to lock onto the position, but it won't display real-time position. It won't track it, I mean. Really irritating when trying to navigate because it won't track past my front door!

droidnext
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilver31 View Post
I tested it using the app. It is only able to see one satellite at best. I downloaded "tetherGPS" and it is able to lock onto the position, but it won't display real-time position. It won't track it, I mean. Really irritating when trying to navigate because it won't track past my front door!
I have a Dell Venue 8 and gps work fine. I think you need internet to use google map. If you want to use in your car without internet then you need to download free or paid offline navigation app. BTW, I use Sygic offline map and it work very good.

Cookie Ninja
Old
Thanks Meter 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidnext View Post
I have a Dell Venue 8 and gps work fine. I think you need internet to use google map. If you want to use in your car without internet then you need to download free or paid offline navigation app. BTW, I use Sygic offline map and it work very good.
Same here Google maps suck! Install sygic for your region.

Dead Cookies leave no trails....
PAST
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...=3974&id7=2863

PRESENT
Xperia Z C 6603; Stock LB, Root (101 F/W) (Son's)
Xperia Z C 6602; Stock LB, Root (101 F/W) (Wife's)
Moto E XT1022; Stock (Mine)
Nexus 7 (2012); EHNDROIX-V, Root (Son's)
Dell Venue 7 (2013); Stock 4.3, Root (Ours)
Asus TF 101; ARHD, Root (Mom's)

FUTURE
Flip Phone?
KitKat FAIL! Stick with Jellybean!